Poll: Litmus test: Iron Bowl or Championship?

Which is better, beating Auburn or winning the NCG?

• 2016 was better than 2017. We lost the NCG, but beat Auburn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Well we truly are there National Title game every year, so I can see why the majority would say that.
It's all they really have. Some of them might say their goals are the NC game, but let's be honest, it took a freak QB one year and two "miracles" the other time to get them to the game a couple times in the last decade. Outside of that, they had 1957 when they weren't even called Auburn University.

So, winning the IB is really all they have to measure success and they have to convince themselves it's better than our annual trek to the NC game.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
State Champions= Auburn

SEC Champions= Georgia

National Champions= Alabama

I will just leave it at that. That’s like saying to the Patriots would you rather lose against the Steelers in the regular season, but win the Super Bowl. How dumb does that sound? But we are talking about the barn here.

Last edited:

PDL

All-SEC
Oct 16, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Tough decision for me because I HATE AU so much, but I found there was actually something awesome and hilarious about them beating us and being left out, only to lose to UCF. Not what I prefer, but if an AU loss meant a NC every year, I’ll take it!

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
Of course the national championship means more, that's the whole point of playing football, to win championships. There is nothing greater a CFB team can accomplish than a national championship. A win over Auburn doesn't even compare. To say that it does is to make Auburn incredibly important, way more important than they should ever be considered.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Why pose this question as either/or, as if it’s some kind of mandated trade-off? The NC obviously is worth much more, but I hope this is not an effort to devalue the importance of winning the iron bowl. They are two different things and completely unrelated. We can and should, as Bama fans, expect BOTH. I’m ecstatic that we won the NC, but I still have to put up with my snotty Auburn side of the family and bragging rights for the next 12 months. I want both...😁

Last edited:

cindym

All-SEC
Oct 14, 2009
saraland, al
State Champions= Auburn

SEC Champions= Georgia

National Champions= Alabama

I will just leave it at that. That’s like saying to the Patriots would you rather lose against the Steelers in the regular season, but win the Super Bowl. How dumb does that sound? But we are talking about the barn here.
if offered I'd take that every time :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.