Najee Harris is the best RB on the team

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

XXIII

Scout Team
Feb 3, 2011
Atlanta, GA
No joke, it could literally be like Oklahoma was this year but with a killer defense.
I think the potential for balance as well as a higher distribution of carries to the RBs could lead to some gaudy numbers across the board. I think Damien is still going to maintain role of lead back, but its not difficult to envision a season in which both Harris's gain over 1,000 yds.

Next year is going to be something to watch :cool:

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
The QB switch has me amazingly energized as a fan !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dgrind65

Jan 9, 2018
Najee Harris is the second best back in the country. Second only to Saquon Barkley. Will probably be better than Saquon over his career. Najee Harris is unbelievable. Does anyone know much about the player they are calling Zeus that is going to Ga? How did we miss on him?

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Pardon me for not jumping on Najee's bandwagon yet. He is sort of like Henry to me at his stage of progress. At his size he could stand to run more behind his pads and with power. Most of his bigger runs have come on the perimeter. I want to see him run more btw the tackles and move the pile first.

That being said DHarris probably made the most improvement btw his FR and SO years of any back I have seen. So much more powerful than as a FR. So there is an opportunity for Najee to improve significantly.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I'm glad we didn't run Najee that much this year because with everyone putting 9 and 10 in the box he'd take a beating and I don't want to see a freshman take those kinds of hits. Next season with Tua keeping the defense honest he'll have much bigger holes to run through and he'll be stronger after a year in the system.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
I'm interested to see what Jacobs could do with a season fully healthy. He's an excellent all purpose player.

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
Am I too giddy in thinking our offense next year could be ridiculously good ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope. It is physically impossible to be "too giddy" about the offensive prospects for next year. With Tua at quarterback, teams will not be able to walk a safety down into the box to try and stop the run. Defensive coordinators are simply going to have to pick their poison; we either cram the ball down your throat, or we throw it over your head.
Heads... we win.
Tails... you lose.
And, the defense should benefit greatly from an offense that can actually stay on the field for more than three plays at a time.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Despite how well Damien Harris and Scarbrough were, Najee is a freak of nature. I just hope we can add another back or two in this year's class to round out the depth. Najee will be the feature back in 2018 and was easily the best back for Alabama the other night. It's frightening to think how good this offense could be the next two years.
Najee may be the best RB in the future, but Damien Harris has a better body of work.
Najee has a couple of fumbles that hurt his production, and the coaches were initially more comfortable with known RB on the field... Now however... Najee has took another step forward. Since Damien decided to return... It's likely to be Harris and Harris for 1 & 2.

TUSKaloosa

3rd Team
Aug 18, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
When Najee was being recruited, watched lots of film on him and I thought then he would be the next heisman winner at Bama. With Tua being able to open up the passing game, I think Najees' chances are even better. With that being said, don't rule out Tua either as he will make his run at the big trophy too. Roll Tide !!

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
I’m not going to say that Bama has more depth at RB than it’s ever had, but this is pretty deep.

I will say, though, that Bama has more WR depth than ever. Never seen a 1-2-3 punch like this.

TUSKaloosa

3rd Team
Aug 18, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
I’m not going to say that Bama has more depth at RB than it’s ever had, but this is pretty deep.

I will say, though, that Bama has more WR depth than ever. Never seen a 1-2-3 punch like this.
Yes and it should get wild next year with Tua slinging the pigskin. Ruggs was like a magic "touch"down machine this year.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Some of the wishbone years, we may have had more outstanding RBs, but I agree on WRs...

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
I think Najee needed to get a year under his belt, next season he will have adjusted more to college life, matured some and can go into the season with more comfort in facing college level defenses.

He certainty has the physical tools be great, kind of a blend of Henry and Yeldon, but we'll see what the future holds.

D. Harris is a very good all around back, and he will be a Senior who has seen it all, should be a great combo.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Would love to see Josh Jacobs at 100%, too. I didn't realize that he played on a broken ankle half of the year. He's a great all purpose player when healthy. Don't sleep on Brian Robinson, either. He's legit. It will be fun to see what true freshman out of the 2018 class contribute right away.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
I think Najee needed to get a year under his belt, next season he will have adjusted more to college life, matured some and can go into the season with more comfort in facing college level defenses.

He certainty has the physical tools be great, kind of a blend of Henry and Yeldon, but we'll see what the future holds.

D. Harris is a very good all around back, and he will be a Senior who has seen it all, should be a great combo.
thats exactly the comparison that i have made. The stature of Henry but not the breakaway speed (not many have that open field speed at that sizse). The running style/stride of Yeldon.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Wonder if B. Robinson will get a look at H. He`s a big back and I`ve been impressed with the way he carries the ball. Just doesn`t get it enough IMO

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Wonder if B. Robinson will get a look at H. He`s a big back and I`ve been impressed with the way he carries the ball. Just doesn`t get it enough IMO
It could happen but I think Irv Smith will be the H-Back. Forristall could be as well assuming he's back healthy. There are so many options for this offense. I truly believe next year's offense could set records if we play things right.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.