Najee Harris is the best RB on the team

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
No offense intended - but I Gotta say, its sorta bizarre reading some of these concerned posts - how our coach - who in one breath is praised as the "GOAT" - but in the next breath is criticized as some kind of grumpy old curmudgeon who (somehow) has suddenly developed a "problem" with not wanting to play younger players????

Uh... If memory serves, Among the many that got significant PT as True Freshman, I think we'd include - Mark Ingram, Jr., Mark Baron, Julio Jones, Derrick Henry, TJ Yeldon, Cyrus Kouandjio, Cam Robinson, Marcell Dareus, Trent Richardson, Rolando McClain, Courtney Upshaw, and what's-his-name? oh yea - a guy they call Jalen Hurts! LOL!!!

And that's probably a VERY Incomplete list - and doesn't include dozens who were playing a lot after one year as a RS.

But suddenly Alabama has this Huge "Problem" that our coach won't give underclassmen a chance?????? WOW!!! :)
I only agree with one word in this post,,
WOW!!

Over the last 2+ pages Saban is mentioned in exactly one post

Last edited:

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
I only agree with one word in this post,,
WOW!!

Over the last 2+ pages Saban is mentioned in exactly one post
Maybe he was thinking about the fact that Najee is a true fr and just expanded/wandered off from there. I've certainly done that a few times. I agree that his post seems out of context, but I agree with almost every word he said. And he and I seem to agree on very little else, at least what is posted :).​

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
and got to 1,000 in both seasons. iirc, he is only the second or third back to do that at bama. i am hoping for a 3rd 1,000 yd season from him next year.
With the expectations surrounding the O line, a QB that you`d better not load the box on and a WR group taking the corners and safeties down field, I think he should be able to do it walking on his hands!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Someone compared Najee to a mixture of Bo and TJ Yeldon. He's got Bo's size but runs more like Yeldon.

Najee looks to run a little out of control at times but I think that'll decrease as he gets more touches. I think maybe it was Gary Danielson that used to say of Kenyan Drake that he tried to make every run a breakaway TD. It was probably because Drake didn't get the touches he wanted. Next year, Najee ought to be able to develop a little more patience as he gets more touches.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.