Link: Damien Harris announces he will return for senior season

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
Well, that will simplify things for the announcers. About 90% of the running plays will be: "Hand-off to Harris..."

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
First off HOT DANG DOG!!!!!! WOOOO-HOOOO!!!!!!

Second, I wonder if part of his decision to stay was dependent on getting assurance about the offense we'll be running next season? Because I have a VERY hard time believing he would come back to his limited roll for a second season in a row.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
Well, he is a very smart young man. He wants to get his Master's degree before he leaves. I don't know about the Master degree part, I was just kidding. I wasn't kidding about the smart part.

FF4bama

1st Team
Sep 13, 2012
Nevermind I give up, lol. Tried posting a Ric Flair gif, guess I'll just have to settle for an old-fashioned

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Last edited:

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
First off HOT DANG DOG!!!!!! WOOOO-HOOOO!!!!!!

Second, I wonder if part of his decision to stay was dependent on getting assurance about the offense we'll be running next season? Because I have a VERY hard time believing he would come back to his limited roll for a second season in a row.
I was about to post the same question. I doubt he would come back for more of what JH brought to the table.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Provided Tua stays healthy, his ability to pass the ball and stretch defenses could make this offense truly lethal. The line will be star studded. The receivers and running backs have star power. Jalen could also come in and contribute in a pinch if need be.

XXIII

Scout Team
Feb 3, 2011
Atlanta, GA
So much talent in this backfield... I hope that Daboll is able to incorporate the RBs more into the passing game next season similarly to how NE uses some of their backs. I think J. Jacobs could especially perform well in a James White type-role.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
On a team loaded with RB's in which as many as six RB's have seen playing time, Damien has had two 1,000 yard seasons in a row while averaging over 7 yards per carry in both of those seasons. That's remarkable.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Several people have suggested his decision was influenced by Tua getting playing time. I understand that logic, it makes sense. But I kind of wondered if Bo going pro had any bearing on the decision.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Does he have his degree yet? He seems like the type of guy who would prioritize that. Plus, this is an insanely deep RB class and he can probably go much higher in a year where guys like Guice, Barkley, etc. aren't also coming out.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Just a guess...

But, he was saying that 19 carries wiped him out. He may be trying to prove to the NFL he can be a 20+ carry guy, week in and out.

BamaBen15

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 3, 2017
This is shocking...but it makes me wonder if he was worried about the stacked class of running backs in this years draft.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.