UCF Fans Remain Cute

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I visit a national fan board occasionally and the general consensus was that UCF should have been in the playoff instead of Bama. Why, you may ask? :rolleyes: Because Alabama is afraid to play them. Yes. UCF wants to play the big boys but just like Boise we are afraid to play them. I know, myself, that I am scared to death of UCF.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I visit a national fan board occasionally and the general consensus was that UCF should have been in the playoff instead of Bama. Why, you may ask? :rolleyes: Because Alabama is afraid to play them. Yes. UCF wants to play the big boys but just like Boise we are afraid to play them. I know, myself, that I am scared to death of UCF.
Want to play the big boys? Join a big boy conference. I don’t recall them lobbying to join the ACC or SEC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
That is hilarious. Most of these idiots don’t realize Alabama makes their schedule years in advance. Right around the time Alabama would be making their 2017 schedule, UCF was 0-12. Yep they nailed it, Alabama was afraid scheduling an 0-12 team would hurt their SOS.

Last edited:

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I just can't get as upset about this as most seem to be. This is like AU's "People's National Championship" thing. In a few years, this won't even be a footnote. Shy of some people who just hate us and their fans, nobody is paying them any attention. They are the laughing stock of CFB right now, and they can't even see that.

The fact that auburn caused this is actually so humorous to me that I can't be mad. -lol

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Want to play the big boys? Join a big boy conference. I don’t recall them lobbying to join the ACC or SEC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They, along with several other schools, tried to get into the Big 12. Since they only have 10 schools, they needed at least two more to have a playoff. Then the NCAA folded on this long standing rule and let the Big 12 have a playoff with only 10 schools. So, schools like UCF, South Florida, Houston, etc. were told "thanks, but no thanks."

I can appreciate UCF's frustration at being shut out of the Big Five, but they are just acting like children now.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
This from Joey Knight's column in the Tampa Bay Times today.

But perpetuating the national-title narrative is UCF's prerogative, just as it's ours to poke a little harmless fun at it.In that spirit, here are a few rumblings we've heard regarding the Knights' celebration festivities:
1) The route for today's parade begins in the Magic Kingdom — at Fantasyland.
2) We've firmed up the details of the Knights' visit to the White House. They'll be honored by President Al Gore in a Rose Garden ceremony next spring.
3) In lieu of crystal, the Knights' national title trophy will be plated in pure cubic zirconium.
4) During Monday's celebration, Knights athletic director Danny White will retroactively present QB McKenzie Milton a personalized Heisman Trophy and OLB Shaquem Griffin a personalized Butkus Award.
5) Fab Morvan, the only surviving member of Grammy Award-winning duo Milli Vanilli, will perform at the Knights' national title celebration Monday.
6) Tommy Tuberville, who coached 2004 unbeaten national champion Auburn, will serve as the parade's grand marshal along with Tommy Bowden, who coached 1998 unbeaten national champ Tulane.
7) To commemorate the national title season, the Star Spangled Banner at UCF's 2018 home opener will be performed by The Pretenders.
8) Pre-production has begun on an alt-reality series featuring the Knights.
9) The renderings for UCF's lazy river, part of a multi-million-dollar upgrade to the school's athletics facilities, are being re-drafted to honor the Knights' national championship football team. The attraction now will include a floating smoothie bar called Fantasy Island.
10) George O'Leary quietly contemplates adding "Coach, 2017 national championship team" to his resume.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.