Worst SEC Fan Base???

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
Just out of curiosity, who does Bama supporters consider the worst / vile / repugnant / delusional / arrogant / ignorant... pick your negative adjective... SEC fan base?

I would assume you would say Allbarn fans, but that may not be the case. Who knows it could be Georgia fans. I can't speak for all Georgia fans, but if we took a poll I think Vol fans would top the list, slightly edging out Florida.

XXIII

Scout Team
Feb 3, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Most fans of each team are level-headed enough to have a good time around. Seems each fanbase is always stereotyped by its outliers, but having said that... LSU... hands down imo. The worst of their base are the worst of the SEC.

bamaboyinnh

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 21, 2008
New Hampshire
Its not even close for me DawgByte. Auburn fans are the most delusional fan base as far as Im concerned. I speak from experience, my sister graduated from Auburn.

LittleCountry

Dec 7, 2017
For me, personally, it is LSWho followed closely by MS State. The who's whine more than anybody and state fans chirp too much for a school that hasn't won anything. In any sport.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I would go with Auburn. LSU fans have always been really great to me. I've only been to 1 game at Death Valley but it was one of the best visiting fan experiences I've ever had.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
at the bottom of the barrel, i place au and ut. i have uga slightly above the two of them. other than a few friends that went there, i've never had much interaction with lsu, but i have heard they suck as a group.

Lassr4Bama

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Hazel Green, AL
For me it is Auburn because I live in Alabama and have to deal with them the most. I have a lot of friends that are great and went to Auburn but you have a lot of outliers (crazies) with that group to me. My son is actual in Auburn and says the students he met are nice to him about being a Bama fan.

UT ranks up there but I don't hear as much from them the past decade. :)

I have no interaction with LSU fans other than my son-in-law. He's alright.

Last edited:

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
Quick story for you to illustrate my selection.

Several years ago I went on a Caribbean cruise with some friends... all big time college football fans representing Georgia, Florida and AU. One day it got very hot outside at least 96 or 97 degrees, with the heat coming off the deck it was probably 110. We were sitting by the pool with an ice cold one and what do we see - four Vol fans wearing full length Polyester Tenn. sweat suits. Trust me these people weren't coming back from a work out session either. The only curls they've ever done was lifting biscuits to their mouths. We all looked at each other and said, "Are they serious!?" They actually sat at the pool in those damn things. I think they had 6 teeth between the four of them.

Bamagirl26

1st Team
Sep 20, 2005
Auburn (UGH)
Working for the Barn, I say AU. They are delusional and mean spirited. Thankfully, after 11 years of their nonsense (including the tail end of their fear the thumb junk), I've developed a pretty thick skin.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
I believe every single school in the SEC has a contingency that should make the middle of each group ashamed. EVEN....VANDERBILT. Arrogance is ....stifling. Those people are tough to be around. Just talking about the ones who are. Not all Vandy grads. As an Alabamian living in Tenn.....I tired of the Alabama slurs long ago. Today....this state has become full of transits, so I still hear that but not so much thanks to CNS. Worst fans?? All of them. Except Kentucky. Worst of the worst I have run across would be Arkansas, LSU, Ole Miss, Awbun(although I respect the Engnrg school) UT (sidewalk alumni) are intolerable, and yeah...Georgia fans are hard to talk with if it is a guy who has likely never been on campus save a ball game.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Quick story for you to illustrate my selection.

Several years ago I went on a Caribbean cruise with some friends... all big time college football fans representing Georgia, Florida and AU. One day it got very hot outside at least 96 or 97 degrees, with the heat coming off the deck it was probably 110. We were sitting by the pool with an ice cold one and what do we see - four Vol fans wearing full length Polyester Tenn. sweat suits. Trust me these people weren't coming back from a work out session either. The only curls they've ever done was lifting biscuits to their mouths. We all looked at each other and said, "Are they serious!?" They actually sat at the pool in those damn things. I think they had 6 teeth between the four of them.
You are fittin in just fine here.

Bama Czar

1st Team
Sep 1, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Lived in Knoxville for 12 years, and I have thought that TN fans are (as a group) the dumbest fan base. Most have next to zero football IQ. Really, that goes across the board for most any sport they "follow". It's as if they have some standard cliches' memorized, and base all of their opinions / insight on those cliches....very simple-minded. Also, they make excuses across the board for everything. Doesn't matter if it is their teams, kid's sports, & etc... I have lived other several places, but I have never been around such simple-minded whiners...

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
I have to say Tennessee. Just look at what happened to Schiano because of their whiny selves.

I do think, though, that if you took a poll like this at every SEC fan board, we would be the winners.

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
In my current environment, living here in Alabama, I would have to go with barn fans.

I do have another answer, however. I spent a number of years in SW Asia: Iraq, Afghanistan, etc. Between military and civilian support, I met a lot of folks from all over the country. Folks that weren't college fans, pro fans, etc. Don't remember having a bad conversation with a barn fan. When we found out we were both from Alabama, we were just glad to talk to somebody from back home.
As far as talking football, I ran into some unpleasant Michigan (especially while watching the Bama-Michigan game) and Ohio St (oversigning butt-hurt was big with them at the time) fans. But, by far, the fan base over there that had the largest percentage of donkeys was.... Georgia.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.