NFL insider Ian Rapoport says Brian Daboll could return to NFL as an OC (Update: Hired by Buffalo)

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: NFL insider Ian Rapoport says Brian Daboll could return to NFL as an OC

That is ultimately the rub with guys involved with the Baylor staff. Even if they have no involvement, they can cause a donation/gifting problem that isn't worth the university president or chancellor's trouble. I feel for the ones who truly weren't a part of their schemes but I doubt many of them are blameless.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

If Daboll leaves, what about Weinke as QB coach and co-OC with Locksley?

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

That is ultimately the rub with guys involved with the Baylor staff. Even if they have no involvement, they can cause a donation/gifting problem that isn't worth the university president or chancellor's trouble. I feel for the ones who truly weren't a part of their schemes but I doubt many of them are blameless.
I don't normally comment on these situations, but let me just say that I have it on first hand knowledge that the younger Briles was waist deep at least in recruiting statements that most of us would throw up over. What he said regarding the coeds at Baylor ought to disqualify him from being at any institution this side of San Quentin.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

If Daboll leaves, what about Weinke as QB coach and co-OC with Locksley?
I like the idea of Weinke joining as an on field coach. I just worry about who will call plays. Not sure if Locksley is a play caller at this level. Weinke hasn’t had to do it at this level either.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I would gladly take Locks as the OC. He would do well, but I'm not sure he'll be here. Talk of him going to FSU.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there

So...any names automatically come to mind (serious contenders) that would be candidates if this happens? I don't think we saw Daboll as a name of interest last year so it wouldn't be surprising if it was someone out of the normal pool of names.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

So...any names automatically come to mind (serious contenders) that would be candidates if this happens? I don't think we saw Daboll as a name of interest last year so it wouldn't be surprising if it was someone out of the normal pool of names.
I know that Coach always goes for the best available guy. That is the reason I was wondering if Canada had been seen in Tuscaloosa lately. I guess the good thing about the early signing period is that over half of our recruits are already on board so Saban has time to fill all of these coaching vacancies.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005

Who would have thought that the saying of "you don't want to be the coach after THE COACH" would have applied to Kiffin.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Locksley is good. He likes to call more passes than run.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Could see Daboll going back to NE if/when McDaniels gets a head coaching gig.

Could also see him going with Pat's DC Matt Patricia when he gets a HC gig (reportedly going to Detroit).

Something to consider, though, is Daboll's family. His wife gave birth to their sixth child in September. Maybe she doesn't want to move and settle the family down for a little while.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Could see Daboll going back to NE if/when McDaniels gets a head coaching gig.

Could also see him going with Pat's DC Matt Patricia when he gets a HC gig (reportedly going to Detroit).

Something to consider, though, is Daboll's family. His wife gave birth to their sixth child in September. Maybe she doesn't want to move and settle the family down for a little while.
That's the big thing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

SIAP, but do you think Kevin Sumlin would consider the OC job? I think he would bring a lot to the table. Not sure if he is going to be a HC somewhere else.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

SIAP, but do you think Kevin Sumlin would consider the OC job? I think he would bring a lot to the table. Not sure if he is going to be a HC somewhere else.
I would rather get someone that might be here more than one year. Sumlin would get snagged up rather quickly, especially when we win #18.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia

I would rather get someone that might be here more than one year. Sumlin would get snagged up rather quickly, especially when we win #18.
Ya. Enough turnover already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006

Funny how with one good half of Tua our opinions of Daboll go from, "Is he even capable of being an OC?" to, "How soon will he be an NFL OC?" :D

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.