NFL insider Ian Rapoport says Brian Daboll could return to NFL as an OC (Update: Hired by Buffalo)

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Woof!! Trying to recruit into a program without named O & D coordinators, not to mention other asst. coaches either gone, brand new, or about whom there`s speculation has got to be tough! How do you do that and not be able to tell a kid who will be his coordinator/coach? I know... " In Saban we trust ".... but damn!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Hate to hear it but I don't think luring an top notch OC to Bama is gonna be that tough.
depends on what you mean "top notch"

The best possible one for us with the qb and skill set we have just signed with the bears. Helfrich

Probably the most interesting and extremely risky option is still waiting for a phone call (pun intended) Freeze

I think Mac could come back, but he would have to alter his style to being more aggressive.

other than those three I don't see the Hollywood hire, but more of the Mac and Nuss type of "where did they come from" hires

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
When the idea of him leaving was circling around I was think coach Mac. Not sure it would work out, but he did one heck of a job developing GMac AJ and to some extent Blake Sims as well. I loved the guy. Some people just aren’t cut out to be HC’s but are great coordinators.

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
Woof!! Trying to recruit into a program without named O & D coordinators, not to mention other asst. coaches either gone, brand new, or about whom there`s speculation has got to be tough! How do you do that and not be able to tell a kid who will be his coordinator/coach? I know... " In Saban we trust ".... but damn!
All I can say is that nobody in the business has as much experience as CNS when it comes to this. It's really astonishing when you think about it

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Funny, we’d all be celebrating had this news broken after the Clemson game. Now after the 2nd half of the Georgia game it’s a much different vibe. We’ll be fine. Saban is one of the best in the business at putting together a staff. While it sucks to lose so many pieces at once, I fully believe there’s not a guy leaving who’s irreplaceable.

Best of luck to BD! If he can turn around the Bills offense, he’ll be the first to do so since the early 90’s.

Next man up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Re: NFL insider Ian Rapoport says Brian Daboll could return to NFL as an OC

Can’t begin to estimate, let alone count, how many 1-1 votes I’ve lost in my house...
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't even try to VOTE anymore. So, it's usually a 0 - 1 vote. I'm the "0". I just say, "Sounds like a good idea to me", or "sounds like an idea to me".

So, politics in my household is really a dictatorship. Oh! I'm sorry for personal household politics on this board. But that's reality. I guess that was something in the marriage vows that sailed over my head.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.