NFL insider Ian Rapoport says Brian Daboll could return to NFL as an OC (Update: Hired by Buffalo)

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
depends on what you mean "top notch"

The best possible one for us with the qb and skill set we have just signed with the bears. Helfrich

Probably the most interesting and extremely risky option is still waiting for a phone call (pun intended) Freeze

I think Mac could come back, but he would have to alter his style to being more aggressive.

other than those three I don't see the Hollywood hire, but more of the Mac and Nuss type of "where did they come from" hires
Daboll wasn't a Hollywood hire, either; but ended in a national championship. CNS has got this.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
So, don't let the door hit you in the backside on the way out. In the game of chess, Daboll has made his move. Coach Saban, it's your move.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Well that’s not what I meant. I mean it can’t look good for recruits to want to commit to us when they have no idea who will be coaching them.
Ok gotcha, that is why I think Tosh needs to be promoted to DC. He is such a good recruiter and we don’t need to lose him.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Daboll wasn't a Hollywood hire, either; but ended in a national championship. CNS has got this.
True but he wasn't this "top notch" one either. My point is that since Kiffin and Sark people have been expecting these great offensive minds to come here because its Alabama. Its more likely that we get Fresno State's WR coach and make him look like a world beater with our talent.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
As I've said before, I was hard on the guy this season but I now believe he was short changed by executive decisions at QB in the name of ball security.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Well that’s not what I meant. I mean it can’t look good for recruits to want to commit to us when they have no idea who will be coaching them.
They do know WHO their head coach will be. So, that's what really matters, I think. 5 NC's in 9 years.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Honestly, as long as the name Nick Saban is listed under HC as coming back. I really don't think it matters. We've interchanged staff like paper towels and the machine keeps churning out NC's. The constant is one man, Nick Saban. I think recruits and their parents can look at 5 titles in 9 years and come to the same conclusion.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.