NFL insider Ian Rapoport says Brian Daboll could return to NFL as an OC (Update: Hired by Buffalo)

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I’d actually be fine with Jim McElwain but we have had so much turnover with OCs recently. Seriously how long will he wait until he takes another head coaching job? We need stability.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Honestly, as long as the name Nick Saban is listed under HC as coming back. I really don't think it matters. We've interchanged staff like paper towels and the machine keeps churning out NC's. The constant is one man, Nick Saban. I think recruits and their parents can look at 5 titles in 9 years and come to the same conclusion.
That’s probably true. I just don’t like the constant coaching turnover. Part of the process I suppose...

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
My issues with hugh freeze besides the obvious is he never developed a good running game while in oxford....and then there is well you know....The obvious.
Not advocating for Freeze; but, you can't always hold performance at another school to heart. He probably never developed a running game in Oxford because his budget would not allow for that. He only had a certain amount of money to spend on players. :biggrin: :biggrin:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Honestly, as long as the name Nick Saban is listed under HC as coming back. I really don't think it matters. We've interchanged staff like paper towels and the machine keeps churning out NC's. The constant is one man, Nick Saban. I think recruits and their parents can look at 5 titles in 9 years and come to the same conclusion.
Kinda my point of there will be a very good coach, maybe one we don't know, but CNS does and it'll work out.

And if they saw what we saw last Monday...what playcaller wouldn't/couldn't like great signaling in to those freshman???

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I fear his attitude problems would rub Saban the wrong way and you gotta know that Saban knows his reputation for being a bit of a butt
Now he's officially gone from LSU this was one of the main problems O had with him. Apparently this has been a problem everywhere Canada has gone. He's had "personality conflicts" with the HC everywhere he's gone. Probably best for us to look elsewhere.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I suspect that Daboll found the rigors of college football more than the NFL and was looking for an out. It also may have been his relationship with CNS, who knows, but it happened. I hope whomever is hired is an elite recruiter, play caller and can coach up QBs. IIRC Coach McElwain was not considered much of a recruiter. Going to be an interesting next couple of weeks.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.