NFL insider Ian Rapoport says Brian Daboll could return to NFL as an OC (Update: Hired by Buffalo)

cjhadley

1st Team
Jan 1, 2007
Brewton, Alabama, United States
NFL insider Ian Rapoport says Brian Daboll could return to NFL as an OC (Update: Hired by Buffalo)

[FONT=&quot]When you serve as assistant coach under Alabama’s Nick Saban, you instantly become a hot commodity. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]DC Jeremy Pruitt is off to Tennessee to become the Vols new head coach and Kirby Smart is doing incredible things at Alabama. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Now, according to NFL insider Ian Rapoport, the Crimson Tide could lose OC Brian Daboll, too, as he’s on many new NFL coaches’ lists to be their offensive coordinators:[/FONT]

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/a...rian-daboll-return-nfl-offensive-coordinator/

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Re: NFL insider Ian Rapoport says Brian Daboll could return to NFL as an offensive co

Man, I'd really like to see him stay for some consistency, and I think he's done a great job this year.

Assuming Tua gets the nod next year, the offense will be incredible.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Re: NFL insider Ian Rapoport says Brian Daboll could return to NFL as an offensive co

A few weeks ago, I would not have been sad to see him go. Today, this bums me out. I hope he stays.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

I would love it if we can get great recruiting coaches and keep them for two to three years. Just how CNS has kept Bama in the playoffs despite losing coordinators and other coaches over his tenure is simply amazing.

I realize these coaches are leaving for promotions but I wish they would just stay for a few extra years before branching out

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I hope he stays too with these recent developments, but the die has been cast and I think we know our offensive direction and OCs will line up to call plays for this offense.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

Interesting ... knew it eventually come but didn't think it would be this quick. Just depends on where his love for the pro game is at. The plus is if he continues to have success at Bama that he will always have a shot back in the NFL.

cjhadley

1st Team
Jan 1, 2007
Brewton, Alabama, United States

It would be better for him to stay at least another year and have a full season with the offense with Tua at QB. But, I know that coach Saban will find the best replacement possible if he does leave. Outside of a possible new OC, how many coaching openings does Alabama have?

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL

DC Jeremy Pruitt is off to Tennessee to become the Vols new head coach and Kirby Smart is doing incredible things at Alabama.
D'oh.
I screenshot the article in case they finally edit it later.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu

I'd like him to stay for the sake of continuity and development of the players. But if he leaves after one year to be an OC anywhere else other than NE, SEA, and a few select teams then I say good riddance.

The coaching profession is a ladder, okay, got it. This is the OC position at the preeminent CFB dynasty of the last 50 years - not a temporary stepping stone to merely improve one's status.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

FWIW, I've been hearing similar reports for several weeks.

It could be his agent angling for him a raise.

Shoot, I'd say just pay the man and let's try to have consistency on at least one side of the ball.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Re: NFL insider Ian Rapoport says Brian Daboll could return to NFL as an OC

It would be better for him to stay at least another year and have a full season with the offense with Tua at QB. But, I know that coach Saban will find the best replacement possible if he does leave. Outside of a possible new OC, how many coaching openings does Alabama have?
We have 2 openings. Pete was hired to be the “10th assistant”, still need to replace Pruitt and Ansley. Would not be surprised if their was another opening or two.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014

Does anyone think if he stayed another 2 years with atleadt one of them being national champs he would get a good college head coach job? It only took a few years for Pruitt afterall.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Does anyone think if he stayed another 2 years with atleadt one of them being national champs he would get a good college head coach job? It only took a few years for Pruitt afterall.
Depends on what he wants to do. He's an NFL man all those years. Does he like to recruit?

If he's willing to put the work in recruiting, I think sticking around a couple more years and winning another NC would likely bolt him into a nice college position, especially with his connections to Billichek and CNS.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

FWIW, I've been hearing similar reports for several weeks.

It could be his agent angling for him a raise.

Shoot, I'd say just pay the man and let's try to have consistency on at least one side of the ball.
I think it was more him being frustrated that he felt his hands were tied and maybe a communication issue with Saban. The butt chewing at the end of the Clemson game brought it to the center. Belichick said a week ago if McDaniel leaves Daboll would be his choice. Knowing the relationship and mutual admiration between Saban and Belichick, no way he says that in the midst of a playoff run unless he has talked to Nick and Nick has indicated “please take him...” Now that it appears Nick has given in to his stubborn side and Tua will be our starter going forward, I think the relationship issue between Nick and Daboll is easily resolved.

Saban always says he wants an explosive vertical offense and what we saw Monday in the 2nd half is an explosive vertical offense.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004

I don't really know anything about Coach Daboll, but he strikes me as a career assistant, not the kind of guy who's driven to be a HC someday. I also don't think many NFL teams would come beating the door down after only one season calling plays at Bama. He may decide to go back to the NFL at some point. But I expect him to be at Bama for several years, maybe until Saban retires.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

We have 2 openings. Pete was hired to be the “10th assistant”, still need to replace Pruitt and Ansley. Would not be surprised if their was another opening or two.
Some are thinking that Dunbar is entertaining a move to the NFL and Taggart at FSU could be pursuing Locksley.

We could be replacing about half our staff before all is said and done.

I don’t like it but it is what comes with being the premier program in college football.

rangertau

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 29, 2000
Fairfax, VA

I don't really know anything about Coach Daboll, but he strikes me as a career assistant, not the kind of guy who's driven to be a HC someday. I also don't think many NFL teams would come beating the door down after only one season calling plays at Bama. He may decide to go back to the NFL at some point. But I expect him to be at Bama for several years, maybe until Saban retires.
Sark left for the Falcons after only one game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.