NFL insider Ian Rapoport says Brian Daboll could return to NFL as an OC (Update: Hired by Buffalo)

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Smart had a problem his whole time here of backing off on long yardage and giving up a big play if the down 3 or 4 pressure wasn't getting there or lost contain.

Pruitt had the opposite problem usually though. Brings a little too much heat on third down and gives up easy throws over the middle of the field.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Smart had a problem his whole time here of backing off on long yardage and giving up a big play if the down 3 or 4 pressure wasn't getting there or lost contain.

Pruitt had the opposite problem usually though. Brings a little too much heat on third down and gives up easy throws over the middle of the field.
Well, if I'm going to get beat I'm going to get beat being aggressive. Not playing back and playing conservative. I agree, Kirby had a bad problem of this happening more times than I cared for when he was at Bama.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think it is a continuum. If you have the DL we had in 2015 and 2016 then by all means sit in coverage and squat on some of the shorter stuff for turnover possibilities. Kirby Smart had a problem of acting like he had that kind of DL when he didn't between 2012-2014.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

We saved our best third and Kirby conversion for a second down in overtime, and I loved it.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.