Finebaum says Bama not the better team Monday night.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
I'll never understand why anyone listens to hacks like Finebaum - he'll literally say anything if he thinks it will get callers on the line.

Listening to people like that is akin to pro wrestling - if that's your thing, fine, but I'll never understand it.
PF’s like that goofy old man Tennessee fan boy Roy Adams who used to do anything to get us to talk about him and say his name .... dang it, I did it again.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
In the end, does it really matter if you're the better team? I think not. I think Georgia was the better team in the first half and Bama in the second half. The only thing of relevance is the final score.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Georgia had a great plan and it showed with their 13-0 meat grinder they put us through in the first half. They had a fantastic plan that was keeping us off balance on defense. They practically shut our offense down after the opening script. I've said it in another topic but it truly felt like if something didn't change significantly for Bama that we were about to receive the first true beatdown of the Saban era.

I think Georgia just kinda ran out of offense in the second half. Pruitt adjusted to some of the checks they were getting into - especially on third downs - that were keeping drives alive. They reacted to Tua's ability to throw by going pretty coverage heavy and passive on defense. They really didn't try to heat up the quarterback much with the blitz which was surprising given Bama was down two starters on the OL. Admittedly I think they were blitzing a bit more when Tua came in but they backed off after the first touchdown drive.

I think it is fair to say that Georgia came into the game with a beautiful gameplan to absolutely nullify our offense and break through enough on our defense to comfortably win if Hurts stayed in the game and didn't have an unexpected hot arm. Tua coming into the game exposed one of the realities of this new playoff paradigm. With such little turnaround time, the team with something up their sleeves to dispatch on their opponent could swing the balance of the game. If this was the old BCSCG era, Kirby likely does what we've done in most of our title-implication bowl games (LSU, ND, Mich St, Washington) and just grind us into dust. Since he had a short turnaround, he couldn't really bother prepping his team on the outside chance a QB change happens.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Georgia was the only team in the playoff to play 4 straight quarters of dominating, championship football. Too bad they weren't all in one game. Is there a trophy for that?

Last edited:

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
At one point in the game, UGA did clearly look like the better team.
Sadly, they were really better at only one position and I really think we had become relatively easy to defend for a team w/some good athletes and good coaching.

That may have changed now.

Thinking about this again, Finebaum possibly was on to something but not in the way that he thinks. UGA played very well in the first half. I will give them that. They were way, WAY healthier than was Alabama. That’s the only way I can look at it. Bama at full strength is head, shoulders, and torso better than any team in the nation. Second half though, Bama came on too strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
You have to remember that while Finebaum has some knowledgeable callers, he mostly has complete dummies.
FIFY.

OTOH, some of his callers struggle to even reach that level nothingness.

"Let's go to Tammy, down in Auburn. Whatcha got for us, Tammy?"

(Forum rules prevent me from saying what I think she has. Let's just say it is worse than "cooties".)

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Listening to people like that is akin to pro wrestling - if that's your thing, fine, but I'll never understand it.
I have to take exception to that remark, sir. I will not have you slandering the fine sport of studio rasslin' by comparing it to the F-baum show.

I know..................."Go take a nap, grandpa.................."

OK!

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I can't believe that Finebaum would say something that would get UGA fans to call in/click and agree while getting Bama fans to call in/click and disagree. It is shocking. Hahahaha.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
He's nuts is my opinion..There's not a team this side of the NFL I'd trade our roster for, can't argue about our Coaching Staff, we have the best coaching in college football..Period

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
If Georgia and Alabama played twenty times, we would win 20 out of 20. I know because I have watched the game that many times, and we have won every single time. ;) on TideFans.com

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Thinking about this again, Finebaum possibly was on to something but not in the way that he thinks. UGA played very well in the first half. I will give them that. They were way, WAY healthier than was Alabama. That’s the only way I can look at it. Bama at full strength is head, shoulders, and torso better than any team in the nation. Second half though, Bama came on too strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]
Not another team in the country could have absorbed the injuries we did and still win a championship, not even close...

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
Some Oklahoma fans think Mayfield and company would have smoked us. The truth is that Clemson, Georgia, and the Okies all had their chances and choked. Bama came through when it had to.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.