Finebaum says Bama not the better team Monday night.

Valley View

3rd Team
Nov 7, 2016
Williamson County, TN
I've heard lots of criticism of PF, but I pretty much thought he has been spot on most issues. Today he said something similar to the following "that he thought Georgia was the better team although Bama had better coaching". I don't think I heard wrong and I have to really wonder what game he was watching Monday. Maybe he was actually tuned in to The Bachelor.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
I've heard lots of criticism of PF, but I pretty much thought he has been spot on most issues. Today he said something similar to the following "that he thought Georgia was the better team although Bama had better coaching". I don't think I heard wrong and I have to really wonder what game he was watching Monday. Maybe he was actually tuned in to The Bachelor.
I saw that. Let me clarify the situation. (I am not a finebaum apologist). He was asked by another cry baby Georgia fan point blank the question and he gave an answer. Finebaum didn't really follow up on his comment as said crybaby Georgia fan then went on to complain about the refs. I mean its not like Finebaum brought it up out of nowhere. He was asked by a Georgia Fan with a fragile ego. Finebaum later said he thought Alabama was the better team in 2016 even though they lost to Clemson.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Finebaum is never the smartest person in a room of two people, either. But that’s none of my business.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
If he makes a statement like that he should identify the positions that he thinks Georgia is better at. Many people said Georgia had the edge at QB for this game, and if you are just comparing Hurts to Fromm that is probably correct but many of us suspected that Tua would come in if Hurts had problems. If you compare Tua to Fromm then we have the edge. I felt even before the game that Tua was better than Fromm.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Paul Finebaum will say anything to expand his audience. He didn't get where he is today by taking the safe way, just the smart way...
Making that statement will encourage the Georgia fans to call in and whine.
It will also enrage Alabama fans to call in and challenge him...
It's a Win-Win for Swinebaum.

You have to remember that while Finebaum has some knowledgeable callers, he also has some real dummies.
I would label the Finebaum show as SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT.
Like a powerful man in Washington... Finebaum sez things just to get a reaction.

Tider6972

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 21, 2000
Montgomery, Al USA
Finebaum knows little about the game, he does have contacts in the game who talk to him (only God knows why!).

His "talent" is stirring up crap for ratings.

Last edited:

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Another thing about Finebaum, he said earlier in the season that Alabama was the best team. So we lose the IB and all of a sudden he says Auburn is the best team. So Auburn loses to Georgia an of course he now says Georgia is the best team. If he would have just stayed with what he originally said he would have been right. Perhaps he's just totally embarrassed now.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'll never understand why anyone listens to hacks like Finebaum - he'll literally say anything if he thinks it will get callers on the line.

Listening to people like that is akin to pro wrestling - if that's your thing, fine, but I'll never understand it.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
One of these teams has the NUMBER ONE recruiting classes back to back to back to back to back. Just saying ..... it ain't the Dogs. One of these teams has a HC with multiple NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS. Just saying ..... it ain't the Dogs.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Some facts to gnaw on in the midst of all the whining and finger pointing about who should and should not be in the playoffs.

24/7 Recruiting average over past 5 years:

Alabama .......1.0
Ohio State ....3.6
Georgia ........7.2
USC .............7.8
Clemson ......13.6
Oklahoma ....14.2

UCF .............67.0

4 team playoff average: 9.0
2 team championship: 4:1

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
Well, once you get to the final game...Super Bowl, NCAA championship or whatever.
It doesn’t matter who the “best” team is...only what team wins the game and takes home all the marbles.

But, i don’t think Georgia was better on paper, they weren’t favored by odds makers either.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.