Lane Kiffin comment angers Dawg Nation podcast

DC Tide

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
Part of me thought that Kiffin was talking up Tua because he wants to convince Jalen to #CometotheFAU

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Here is the offending quote.

Objectively, I'd have to agree with that assessment. Jake Fromm is a great QB. Tua does have a higher ceiling.

Tempest is a teacup.
He's not entirely wrong but I do think that Fromm showed the ability to hit the kind of throws you look for in a pro quarterback. Too early to say that he won't be first round material but it is pretty dang clear Tua will be if he reaches his ceiling at the college level.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
He's not entirely wrong but I do think that Fromm showed the ability to hit the kind of throws you look for in a pro quarterback. Too early to say that he won't be first round material but it is pretty dang clear Tua will be if he reaches his ceiling at the college level.
He better hope Tua does not come out for the draft the same year he does, or all those NFL QB looking throws will not matter.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
There is an "intentionality" to his mouth. I'm not trying to go political but frankly he's learning a lesson that our President figured out with the media: there is no such thing as bad publicity and feeding them controversy can be a net positive for your brand, it may even take their focus off people or things within your program that don't want that focus.

Kiffin may be foolish but he's playing a fool more often than actually being one. At least that is my reckon at this juncture.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
He better hope Tua does not come out for the draft the same year he does, or all those NFL QB looking throws will not matter.
Russell Wilson's success has possibly made it easier for QB's like Tua to be given an opportunity to be a team's franchise QB. His height will be talked about regardless. But I don't think it will be as much of an issue to NFL teams as it has in the past.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
There is an "intentionality" to his mouth. I'm not trying to go political but frankly he's learning a lesson that our President figured out with the media: there is no such thing as bad publicity and feeding them controversy can be a net positive for your brand, it may even take their focus off people or things within your program that don't want that focus.

Kiffin may be foolish but he's playing a fool more often than actually being one. At least that is my reckon at this juncture.
Playing a fool and being a fool are definitely not the same.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Russell Wilson's success has possibly made it easier for QB's like Tua to be given an opportunity to be a team's franchise QB. His height will be talked about regardless. But I don't think it will be as much of an issue to NFL teams as it has in the past.
Drew Brees is another example. If you have enough arm strength and talent you will play in the league.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I think the problem is that the whole dog nation is as sore as a boil right now and everyone is always watching Kiffin, ready to get angry at him at the drop of a hat. If Herby had said the same, the uproar wouldn't have been 10% of what it was with Lane saying it. They're wallowing in self-pity from having the game ripped from their hands by the officials. Oh, and that QB with the funny name...
It`s pretty bitter over here right now. I`m keeping a somewhat low and quiet profile right now. I don`t like "poor winners " myself, so I`m not going to be one.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
It`s pretty bitter over here right now. I`m keeping a somewhat low and quiet profile right now. I don`t like "poor winners " myself, so I`m not going to be one.
Of the forums I have visited the Clemson forums were worse than the Dawg forums. I was shocked because Clemson was thoroughly dominated while UGA was barely beat in OT, but Clemson was definitely worse. Agreeing with some idiot from fox sports that Bama should not have even been in the playoffs to have beaten them 24-6.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
Assume Fromm had come here instead, and followed the same path as Tua, then found himself inserted at halftime. Do we think he could have done what Tua did in the second half? I am leaning a heavy no on this question.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
To be fair, Fromm is listed as 1" taller than Tua - both are short by NFL standards.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Georgia is still a little butt hurt over losing the National Championship.
Kiffin saying that Tua has a higher upside than Fromm, wasn't something they wanted to hear. The Georgia narrative has been that they stole Fromm from Alabama.
I have no doubt that Fromm will develop into a good QB, but Tua is ahead of him right now, and likely will stay ahead of him...

Kiffin succeeded in inserting himself in the Alabama Georgia conversation.
Sounds like the old saying... Kiffin is living rent free in their heads.
Kiffin loves it. He's as big an agitator as Steve Spurrier ever was.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The Georgia narrative has been that they stole Fromm from Alabama.
I have no doubt that Fromm will develop into a good QB, but Tua is ahead of him right now, and likely will stay ahead of him...
Adds a touch of clarity to Fromm's dad's interview where they felt cold-shouldered towards the end of recruiting...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Adds a touch of clarity to Fromm's dad's interview where they felt cold-shouldered towards the end of recruiting...
After what we saw go down during the Maurice Smith saga, I'm thinking Papa Fromm was asked by a bowlcut-having HC to make the comments.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
UGA’s butt hurt over this whole thing has been quite enjoyable to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
It's funny that Alabama and a former Alabama coach not coaching for Alabama are all up in Georgia's crawl space right now��. Living rent free

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.