News Article: Tua and Marcus Mariota’s HS head coach compares the two of them.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
That article sounds like the HS coach really thought Tua the better QB even though he wouldn’t say that.

Spins the ball better

Taller.

Better leader

Stronger

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
That article sounds like the HS coach really thought Tua the better QB even though he wouldn’t say that.

Spins the ball better

Taller.

Better leader

Stronger
Definitely not taller at this point; don't know if he was taller in high school and missed any reference in the article. Mariota is listed as 6-4 in NFL. Tagovailoa is around 6-0.

Tagovailoa and Baker Mayfield seem to be about the same size to me; both are listed as 6-1.

I watched some of the New Orleans Saints the other day and Tagovailoa reminds me of Drew Brees with his quick release and accuracy; Brees is listed at 6-0 in NFL.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I think he' around 6 ft and not much more.

Interestingly, when he went over to hug his family and he hugged is younger brother, he looked a couple of inches taller.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Read an article on 247 that said he measured 6' 3/4" at the Army All Star game. The better news was that he has large hands which NFL folk say is really plus. I think it was Herbstreit who felt that was actually more important than arm strength.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.