Impact of our coaching turnover, both actual and potential?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
It almost seems as though we have more coaches either gone or potentially so than those that are actually staying. That kind of uncertainty has got to make recruiting more difficult. Cause for concern as we try to fill the remaining slots?

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Very good question. This late in the game I would say yes it hurts us even though it was probably an uphill battle for may of the top-of-the board recruits not leaning our way anyway. But we have a very young defensive coach that can make an impact with some of the bigtime DBs we're after. We also hired a top notch recruiter from the TAMU ex staff that may help us. It will be fascinating to watch going down the stretch regarding what is going to transpire in recruiting over the next three weeks regardless.

Bamabirdie

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2013
Sunny South Florida
Very good question. This late in the game I would say yes it hurts us even though it was probably an uphill battle for may of the top-of-the board recruits not leaning our way anyway. But we have a very young defensive coach that can make an impact with some of the bigtime DBs we're after. We also hired a top notch recruiter from the TAMU ex staff that may help us. It will be fascinating to watch going down the stretch regarding what is going to transpire in recruiting over the next three weeks regardless.
I believe we are still head to head with aTm for two uncommitted 4-Stars.
It would be just like the Dark Master to bring in a new guy who pulled in a couple of late blue-chippers to finish this class.
And, btw, it won’t be a bad thing to finally have an actual Special Teams Coach.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
IMO part of any organization/business`s " mission " is to develop and prepare it`s people to do better in life. CNS`s football program is no different and I would hazard a guess that he would agree with that. It`s definitely a badge of honor when your people are in high demand. Having said all those platitudes, I sure as hell would appreciate a bit of stability!!

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
We lost a lot of our top notch recruiters last year and the replacements didn’t quite perform as well this year. I think Saban was a little disappointed and knows we need some closers. When your former assistant coaches are recruiting against you, it is a lot tougher. Also, other teams are really selling “Saban retiring “ soon. In other words, I think Saban is moving people out, more than coaches leaving on their own accord.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.