Was the NCG halftime show the worst ever?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Halftime show for the attendees was fine. Television audience, I couldn't tell you...I muted the television to stew over the performance.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
I had my headphones on listening to the Alabama Crimson Tide Sports Network with Eli. Never once switched the audio over to ESPN during the entire game, including the halftime show.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Well obviously Kendrick Lamar and Hip Hop isn't for everyone, he's a really good rapper one of my favorites. Some rappers though are better in the studio than live. Jay Z, Kanye, and J Cole normally put on great shows though.

I mean when I hear a country artist at a halftime show I turn the channel, it's just different strokes for different folks.

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
I had just watched a bad half of offensive football. I had been hearing that there was going to be a great musical halftime show. What I saw (only could stand 30 seconds) was the worst halftime show ever. Who picked this guy? Had they ever heard him live? They should have went with Pit bull, or Taylor Swift, or anyone. Locash would have been a better choice. Unbelievably bad.
In lieu of watching the halftime show, the group i watched the game with was just talking about whether the staff would remain stubborn and keep doing what they were doing, or put in Tua who would give us at least a chance to spread the ball around effectively. Thank God that happened. I've been intensely following Tua and his little brother for a while now, so i knew the answer to what they could do. They are at a totally different passing skill level due to their coaching in high school. I didn't watch a lick of the rap halftime show. But my wife did and she said that you could hardly understand a word that was "sung".

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
My son, who is 20 and attends La Tech, told me he was looking forward to the halftime show. So, trying to be open-minded, I listened to it. Halfway through, I sent him a text that said "I thought I taught you better than this."

Best halftime show, in my opinion, Prince at the Super Bowl.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Bad Rap. (Chant) BAD CHOICE...
He was a crotch grabber.

After an unbelievably bad first half, the Halftime show was worse.
(My guess is this was when the POTUS decided to bug out)
Collectively America changed the channel to anything else.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
If you don't like the music, you may think it was the worst...but in my opinion it wasn't bad.

It's a musical style that primarily features talking in lieu of singing and, rather than actually talking, he tried to lip-sync and did it poorly. I'd say that qualifies as a bad performance.

Well obviously Kendrick Lamar and Hip Hop isn't for everyone, he's a really good rapper one of my favorites. Some rappers though are better in the studio than live. Jay Z, Kanye, and J Cole normally put on great shows though.

I mean when I hear a country artist at a halftime show I turn the channel, it's just different strokes for different folks.

I'm the same way with country music but anyone who lip-syncs a performance is a disgrace, period.

When you can't even lip sync to your own song . . .

Muted it until the Black Panther trailer came on.

Though, to be fair, his performance wasn't quite as bad as Mariah Carrey's New Year's performance a year or two ago.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
It was time to prepare old-fashioned oil, corn, and salt in a dutch oven and put mugs in the freezer for the second half.

Listened to a favorite tunes mix . . .

A great halftime for me.

Followed by a reeeeelly good second half. :)

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I've got hip hop loaded in my "juke box" along with other genres of music. I've found that truly great music transcends not only time but genres. I'm not a "fan" of every genre. But there are songs within genres that I'm not necessarily a fan of that are amazing and I listen to over and over. I listened to the performance and had to turn it off. It had nothing to do with "just not my taste". But everything to do with what I was listening to was bad music. The kid might have been having an off night. Live performances are tough and have embarrassed a many of really good singers and performers. If he was lip syncing and not actually singing then the quality of the sound system made the song sound like utter crap.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
The NCG halftime show wasn't the worst ever ... but it wasn't one of Kindrick's best shows for multiple reasons. And I agree with Bamabuzzard, the sound because of the venue would have been horrible if he didn't lip-sync.

I'm thinking him being the selection for the shows was geared for college students, which makes sense.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.