Was the NCG halftime show the worst ever? - Page 6
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    BamaNation First Team BigAlinKnoxville's Avatar

Re: Was the NCG halftime show the worst ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Go Bama View Post
    What do you play, Al?
    I've played guitar for many years, mainly rock/shred type stuff.

2. Advertisement

It was really bad IMO. I would have much rather watched the Marching Bands from both schools.

BamaNation First Team Wilson Monroe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    *We've got a music expert on our board (Crimsonaudio) who could give a professional opinion on it. Maybe he'll give us his professional opinion on the performance.

**I'm no sound expert or musical expert but I've always been told if you want to know if someone could really sing or if they were just a studio creation, is listen to them sing live. So you're saying a good sound engineer can cover up a bad singer even in a live performance?
    No way can a sound engineer make a bad singer good, at least not live. They can, however, make any venue sound good according the the fella I was talking about.
    Last edited by Wilson Monroe; January 12th, 2018 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Tide Fan View Post
    It was really bad IMO. I would have much rather watched the Marching Bands from both schools.
    I agree, I actually listened to ESPN radio analysis at halftime instead if that tells you anything
    "I could tell they really didn't want to play against us any longer." - Alabama defensive end Jesse Williams

BamaNation First Team Wilson Monroe's Avatar

Hey, I've always been the dude on the stage. I know a bit about running sound, but I ask this guy to teach me about running live sound like he does and he starts writing on a napkin. He handed it to me and it was full of equations that looked like calculus. I stuck with instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson Monroe View Post
    Hey, I've always been the dude on the stage. I know a bit about running sound, but I ask this guy to teach me about running live sound like he does and he starts writing on a napkin. He handed it to me and it was full of equations that looked like calculus. I stuck with instruments.
    I play guitar and drums, rarely do I have to do my own sound or audio work, if we sound bad I just look at my buddy who sets us up and say "man ...what did you do?' it's a running joke for us:-)
    "I could tell they really didn't want to play against us any longer." - Alabama defensive end Jesse Williams

All we got in the stadium was the two Marching Bands. I'm sure many here would have prefered that.

BamaNation All-American tattooguy21's Avatar

One of the few rappers out there not trying to pass off r&b as rap.

I can understand many here not being a fan, based off age demographics. But it was good for an outdoor concert in downtown Atlanta

BamaNation All-American

My wife looked at me and I threw my hands up. I've never heard such. Maybe half time shows have out grown this 70 yr. old. I will start finding something else to watch at half time during next bowl games. Why not a good blues band?
    Life is short, ocassionally bend the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

so, to sum up this thread

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    so, to sum up this thread
    While it's easy to dismiss those who don't like this just like many like to take shots at the latest evil scourge of our planet - millennials - I don't think this is as cut-and-dried as that.

Sure, there are some that are XX years old and aren't willing to give it a chance, but there are also plenty of young people on here (or people like myself who are a bit 'middle aged' but probably listen to more current music than most anyone) who are fully aware of who KL is and what he does. I chose not to listen to it not because of his genre of choice, etc, but because I find him to be both boring and rather devoid of talent...
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    While it's easy to dismiss those who don't like this just like many like to take shots at the latest evil scourge of our planet - millennials - I don't think this is as cut-and-dried as that.

Sure, there are some that are XX years old and aren't willing to give it a chance, but there are also plenty of young people on here (or people like myself who are a bit 'middle aged' but probably listen to more current music than most anyone) who are fully aware of who KL is and what he does. I chose not to listen to it not because of his genre of choice, etc, but because I find him to be both boring and rather devoid of talent...
    i had to google the guy during halftime to see who he was. it was playing in the background and i didn't really pay much attention to it other than noticing the size of the crowd.

as much as i cannot stand popular music, he seems to have something going on as he is making a few hits.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-SEC

There are some really good current bands out there that actually play guitars, drums, keyboards, bass, etc., and do a really good job of it. The problem is that it doesn't sell quite like this current mind-numbing thing called hip hop (and I know they aren't the same, but I neither know nor care enough to distinguish rap from hip hop). Personally, I would have put the Foo Fighters or Artic Monkeys out there, but that's just more to my music preferences.