Was the NCG halftime show the worst ever? - Page 7
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-American

Re: Was the NCG halftime show the worst ever?

Quote Originally Posted by capnfrog View Post
    My wife looked at me and I threw my hands up. I've never heard such. Maybe half time shows have out grown this 70 yr. old. I will start finding something else to watch at half time during next bowl games. Why not a good blues band?
    Yeah, the blues would have been appropriate for our game at halftime. Hahaha. I can always dig on some blues.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC

I was looking for more of a "show" type performance from him. His performance on the VMAs was a better example of the type of "show" performance I was expecting from him. Again, I can understand there were more things in play with the performance that we may not know about (what ESPN allowed for the performance, ect) but I just think it wasn't his best.

Now if folks didn't like it because the genre of music ... then that's a different story all together lol

ESPN got a superstar act that would resonate with the college age group and if the reaction of those that were shown in the crowd were any indication then it was a success with the demographic they were targeting.

BamaNation First Team Wilson Monroe's Avatar

The most entertaining music I ever saw at a football game was Josh Groban and Flea doing the National Anthem before Colt was broken. That was so unusual and well done.

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    as much as i cannot stand popular music, he seems to have something going on as he is making a few hits.
    Well, to be fair, there's been less and less correlation between artistry and hits for last few decades. And that's not just opinion, it's fact - today's popular entertainers are less musically trained than ever before.
    Last edited by crimsonaudio; January 12th, 2018 at 04:39 PM.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Well, to be fair, there's been less and less correction between artistry and hits for last few decades. And that's not just opinion, it's fact - today's popular entertainers are less musically trained than ever before.
    yeah, that's a large part of the reason that i don't listen to much popular music.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame GulfCoastTider's Avatar

I switched to a re-run of a "Cops" episode, where the thugs went to jail.
    ďLamar Thomas has got it, he's on his way down the sidelines... George Teague runs him down! He took the ball away!!! HE'S GOT THE BALL!!!"

Thread deleted by SavannahDare
    Reason: Dude! Coach Saban would sooner die than tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by RedWave View Post
    There are some really good current bands out there that actually play guitars, drums, keyboards, bass, etc., and do a really good job of it. The problem is that it doesn't sell quite like this current mind-numbing thing called hip hop (and I know they aren't the same, but I neither know nor care enough to distinguish rap from hip hop). Personally, I would have put the Foo Fighters or Artic Monkeys out there, but that's just more to my music preferences.
    You had me at foo fighters
    "I could tell they really didn't want to play against us any longer." - Alabama defensive end Jesse Williams

Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoastTider View Post
    I switched to a re-run of a "Cops" episode, where the thugs went to jail.
    what did lamar do to deserve to go to jail?
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

i just looked up this dude's wikipedia and he has 7 grammys.

also, this

Lamar is a Christian,[172] and originally converted following the death of a friend.[173] He has been outspoken about his Christianity, both in his music[174] and interviews.[175] He announced to an audience in the Staples Center during Kanye West's Yeezus Tour that he had been baptized in 2013.[176][175][177] Lamar has credited God for his fame and his deliverance from crime that often plagued Compton in the 1990s.[178] Lamar also believes his career is divinely inspired and that he has a greater purpose to serve mankind, saying in an interview with Complex, "I got a greater purpose, God put something in my heart to get across and that's what I'm going to focus on, using my voice as an instrument and doing what needs to be done."[179]

- George Orwell

ó Thomas Pynchon

Wasn't my style but to each his own.

For me, nothing will ever top Prince's SB halftime show a few years ago. Best ever IMHO. What a musician, died way too young.
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post

For me, nothing will ever top Prince's SB halftime show a few years ago. Best ever IMHO. What a musician, died way too young.
    prince's show was awesome. i thought springsteen's was good as well (not as good as prince's, imo). i don't think i've seen another one that i bothered paying much attention to.
    Last edited by 92tide; January 12th, 2018 at 05:16 PM.

- George Orwell

ó Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post

Absolutely loved prince , that one hit me kind of hard when I heard about it.
    "I could tell they really didn't want to play against us any longer." - Alabama defensive end Jesse Williams

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    prince's show was awesome. i thought springsteen's was good as well (not as good as prince's, imo). i don't think I've seen another one that i bothered paying much attention to.
    Me either but I'm a huge Prince fan and watched that one live start to finish. I got to see him in concert once about 20 years ago - dude was a force of nature.
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.