Fake news: Who hates Jalen? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: Fake news: Who hates Jalen?

fake news? no

sports "reporting"? yes
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    Absolutely. That`s all it is. It`s so stupid it`s almost funny.

I know Jalen has had some great moments on the field that we`ve all admired and praised and rightfully so. I don`t think, though, that I`ve ever been more proud of an Alabama football player than I was of Jalen when watching him on the sidelines in the second half and after the game in how he handled himself in that stupid interview. Also, watching him run out on the field to get to his teammates after Devonta`s catch. I swear I don`t think I`ve ever run any faster when he actually had the ball ! That kid`s parents did a great job. You don`t get the way he is all on your own.
    sorry. " ever seem him run ..."

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar

Hate is a modern, hyperbolic term for negative comments.

Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

Even Jay Barker was pushing the fake "hate" narrative this morning, saying he didn't agree with so many fans hating Jalen. I refuse to believe a significant portion of our fans could be that dumb and I resent the assumption.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    We live in a society that equates disagreeing and hate.

Example:

"I think Tua is the better quarterback and would be the best fit for the offense."

What society hears:

"You hate Jalen and hope he fails in life."

You see how that works? It is why I said in the "Thank you Jalen" thread that I hoped Tua didn't spend the entire offseason running across the entire interwebs fighting this issue that doesn't exist.
    This. 1000 times this. I've been open about what I thought were flaws in Jalen's game, but also very open about how, by all accounts, he has shown himself to be an excellent competitor, hard worker, great student, leader and super representative of the University and football program. Seems like the type of high character young man you'd want your kids to be around. Just because i don't think he sees the open seam routes or pulls the trigger fast enough in no way would mean I dislike the kid...

It's gotten worse than just equating disagreeing with hate, it's that if you in any way suggest someone could improve or don't praise every single thing that you must hate them. It's nuts.

Never heard anyone hating on Jalen but plenty of us, me included, wanted to see more of Tua because it was obvious Jalen had limitations with his downfield passing game. We wanted to see what Tua could do in real game situations not garbage time. So there was a lot of discussion and calls about the backup quarterback. That's not hate but Jalen's brother posted about the haters and the press ran with that. I've no idea why Jalen's brother posted that. Not very smart.
    If there is something negative about Alabama, New Orleans teabagger, naked student, fans hating on players, the media will have a field day with it because UA is easy to hate. We're hated because we win too much, we're hated because Saban is hated, because the state is viewed as racist and redneck.

BamaNation All-American Go Bama's Avatar

Love me some Jalen. Bama wins better than 90% when he plays QB.

Tua has higher potential, but Jalen is one of the best college QB’s in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy View Post
    Never heard anyone hating on Jalen but plenty of us, me included, wanted to see more of Tua because it was obvious Jalen had limitations with his downfield passing game. We wanted to see what Tua could do in real game situations not garbage time. So there was a lot of discussion and calls about the backup quarterback. That's not hate but Jalen's brother posted about the haters and the press ran with that. I've no idea why Jalen's brother posted that. Not very smart.
    If there is something negative about Alabama, New Orleans teabagger, naked student, fans hating on players, the media will have a field day with it because UA is easy to hate. We're hated because we win too much, we're hated because Saban is hated, because the state is viewed as racist and redneck.
    tua tweeted about it too. apparently they feel it on some level.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame Chukker Veteran's Avatar

My guess is that if any fan bases hate Jalen they might be fans of one of the many teams he beat the pants off.

If any reasonable person would think a Bama fan would hate Jalen then I'm afraid they really aren't reasonable after all. It's a ridiculous suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Bama View Post

Tua has higher potential, but Jalen is one of the best college QBís in the country.
    I like Jalen, but he's not one of the best QBs in the country.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    We live in a society that equates disagreeing and hate.

Example:

"I think Tua is the better quarterback and would be the best fit for the offense."

What society hears:

"You hate Jalen and hope he fails in life."

You see how that works? It is why I said in the "Thank you Jalen" thread that I hoped Tua didn't spend the entire offseason running across the entire interwebs fighting this issue that doesn't exist.
    Great illustration and unfortunately it happen on this board a few times before Tua proved his worth.

Additionally, we live in a society where people have troubled separating "facts" from "feelings." Most of what was being said about Tua and Jalen were based upon the only thing us fans had access to and that was their performance on the field. I never understood how preferring Tua over Jalen based on their play on the field meant someone didn't like the other, but that happened too.

I'm just glad CNS's gamble to play Tua ended with victory. For the record, even if we would have come up short, it was still the right thing to do, but the reaction to a loss would have made the Tua vs. Jalen debate pretty messy I'm afraid.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by BamaBen15 View Post
    Hopefully nobody honestly hates the guy. He handles himself exactly as you want a representative of the University. As a QB? I may prefer someone else. As a person and contributor to the team? I'll take him any day.
    I agree. The offensive system that we run seems more suited for a guy with Tua's skill set, but Jalen is a very talented guy. The only problem I have seen with Jalen is that we are trying to turn him into a pocket passer, and I just don't think he will be one. I think we should adjust our offense to fit him when he is playing. Tua can take BD's offense to a different level, but there are several offenses around in which Jalen would thrive. Anyone who hates any of these guys probably has some major issues.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Jay is such a goober.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk