Fake news: Who hates Jalen?

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
There might have been a couple on here that were overly critical, but the mods sent them packing. Personally I want Jalen back. We could use him in a few specialty packages. Just imagine what a nightmare for other teams it would be to have to prepare for both guys. Jalen in the wildcat and he would be a threat to throw it.
That's what I was thinking. All but a few teams would trade their QB for Jalen. Jalen has too much athletic ability to sit on the bench and I guarantee that Coach Saban and Coach Daboll are already scheming. I would hate to lose either Jalen or Tua. Jalen is the reason we were playing for the National Championship.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
If we didn’t love Jalen...it wouldn’t have tugged at our hearts to see him benched. We knew it was what was needed....but it was hard to see it happen.
There was no tugging of hearts in my household. . . just folks wanting better QB play to have a chance to win.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
The airwaves are full of people saying the fans hate Jalen. Can we address this?? I don't know know anyone who doesn't love the guy. I don't know anyone who wouldn't love for both of the QB's to be back next year. So, why is the fanbase being painted as up obsessed with sending Jalen packing? Fake news!
How many people (not Bama fans) are going to click/listen/watch a Everyone Loves Jalen article/show? How many will do the Everyone Hates Jalen show? Yes, NEGITIVITY sells. Think of it like this and tell me which will get the most views:

"Pastor arrested for __________." or "Pastor get praise for _________. There is your answer why there is exaggerated hate for Jalen.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
How many people (not Bama fans) are going to click/listen/watch a Everyone Loves Jalen article/show? How many will do the Everyone Hates Jalen show? Yes, NEGITIVITY sells. Think of it like this and tell me which will get the most views:

"Pastor arrested for __________." or "Pastor get praise for _________. There is your answer why there is exaggerated hate for Jalen.
Well, Don Henley did tell us that we love "Dirty Laundry". I try hard not to watch or click any of the negative stuff any more, but many people do click/watch it. It's like people love to see other people's bad behavior so they don't feel as much guilt about their own. If we all stopped clicking/watching, they would stop showing it. It's all about the ratings and the bucks.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
We live in a society that equates disagreeing and hate.

Example:

"I think Tua is the better quarterback and would be the best fit for the offense."

What society hears:

"You hate Jalen and hope he fails in life."

You see how that works? It is why I said in the "Thank you Jalen" thread that I hoped Tua didn't spend the entire offseason running across the entire interwebs fighting this issue that doesn't exist.
There was a lot of that right here on this board. I'm not sure I've ever seen the kind of heated emotion involved in attempts to have an honest debate...

pluckngrit

Suspended
Nov 2, 2003
Everything you said was true, but IMO, it has little to do with this situation. All fan bases have criticisms of players, but this has nothing to do with misperception of Bama fans' actions on the critics' part, it has everything to do with taking another opportunity to bash Bama, especially its fan base. That's all it is. I have no doubt that this fan base, as any other would be, has been imperfect in its attitude toward Jalen. Some too hard, some too soft. But that's not the point. The point is that it is Bama's fan base. Just another way to ignore the accomplishment and pour contempt on the despised. It has nothing to do with whether any Bama fans "hate" Jalen.
Yep, i happened to be driving this morning listening to the Ryan McGee/Marty Smith show because well that was all that was on but they talked about this topic and they were as predictable as you would think. McGee says during the media day Tua came in the building and a section of bama fans cheered wildly for him. They then concluded that this was ultimate disrespect directed @ Jalen. Both McGee and Smith said they were sick to their stomach when they heard it. LOL people not only believe what they want they create false narratives out of thin air!

GboyBama

3rd Team
May 7, 2010
Mobile, AL
Yep, i happened to be driving this morning listening to the Ryan McGee/Marty Smith show because well that was all that was on but they talked about this topic and they were as predictable as you would think. McGee says during the media day Tua came in the building and a section of bama fans cheered wildly for him. They then concluded that this was ultimate disrespect directed @ Jalen. Both McGee and Smith said they were sick to their stomach when they heard it. LOL people not only believe what they want they create false narratives out of thin air!
You're so right. Sad.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.