Fake news: Who hates Jalen?

GboyBama

3rd Team
May 7, 2010
Mobile, AL
The airwaves are full of people saying the fans hate Jalen. Can we address this?? I don't know know anyone who doesn't love the guy. I don't know anyone who wouldn't love for both of the QB's to be back next year. So, why is the fanbase being painted as up obsessed with sending Jalen packing? Fake news!

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
We live in a society that equates disagreeing and hate.

Example:

"I think Tua is the better quarterback and would be the best fit for the offense."

What society hears:

"You hate Jalen and hope he fails in life."

You see how that works? It is why I said in the "Thank you Jalen" thread that I hoped Tua didn't spend the entire offseason running across the entire interwebs fighting this issue that doesn't exist.

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
There might have been a couple on here that were overly critical, but the mods sent them packing. Personally I want Jalen back. We could use him in a few specialty packages. Just imagine what a nightmare for other teams it would be to have to prepare for both guys. Jalen in the wildcat and he would be a threat to throw it.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
No one hates him. Most of us did not want to see him get benched, and of those that were calling for him to get benched, very few did so with malice. Though, I do live in this Tidefans bubble. I did tune in to talk radio the week before the NC game and heard a lot of negativity, but very little or really no "hate."

BamaBen15

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 3, 2017
Hopefully nobody honestly hates the guy. He handles himself exactly as you want a representative of the University. As a QB? I may prefer someone else. As a person and contributor to the team? I'll take him any day.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
We live in a society that deems disagreeing with hating.

Example:

"I think Tua is the better quarterback and would be the best fit for the offense."

What society hears:

You see how that works? It is why I said in the "Thank you Jalen" thread that I hoped Tua didn't spend the entire offseason running across the entire interwebs fighting this issue that doesn't exist.
This ^^^

On the nose! Its a by-product of our sick, dysfunctional culture. :(

Last edited:

GboyBama

3rd Team
May 7, 2010
Mobile, AL

Example:

What society hears:

You are so right and that's kind of what I was hoping to bring out. You just said it better.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
After seeing the way he comported himself in the championship game nobody can hate Jalen Hurts.

Many people are probably ardently insisting that he no longer play QB and are probably using hyperbolic phrases to illustrate that like, "Jalen is a terrible QB" or "Jalen just can't play QB." which of course isn't true but is also not hateful.

pluckngrit

Suspended
Nov 2, 2003
Yeah it's kind of funny how coaches/staff and players are so gullible when it comes to what one person might say on the airwaves or online. They lump these loser fans that hardly ever step foot on camous or Tuscaloosa for that matter with all the rest of us. Jeff Allen's tweet earlier seemed to insinuate that Alabama fans take these championships for granted. Tuas tweet saying we didn't appreciate Jalens efforts this season.

Hello, it's unfortunately the world we've created and one we're living in right now. Everyone wants their"hot takes" shouted from the rooftops. The radio shows and internet sites depend on that type behavior .

Newsflash, a large chunk of our fans aren't like that.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
No one hates him. Most of us did not want to see him get benched, and of those that were calling for him to get benched, very few did so with malice. Though, I do live in this Tidefans bubble. I did tune in to talk radio the week before the NC game and heard a lot of negativity, but very little or really no "hate."
I love Jalen and it bothered me a bit to see him benched but the coach has to make some hard decisions. I'll bet anything that if anyone was concerned for Jalen it was CNS. But you have to pull the trigger. It's not always comfortable. CF is just as competitive and high stakes as the NFL these days. That's how it goes. Any competitor would be hurt just as Saban says but any competitor has to know that could happen at any time. Egos be darned.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Example:

What society hears:

Absolutely. That`s all it is. It`s so stupid it`s almost funny.

I know Jalen has had some great moments on the field that we`ve all admired and praised and rightfully so. I don`t think, though, that I`ve ever been more proud of an Alabama football player than I was of Jalen when watching him on the sidelines in the second half and after the game in how he handled himself in that stupid interview. Also, watching him run out on the field to get to his teammates after Devonta`s catch. I swear I don`t think I`ve ever run any faster when he actually had the ball ! That kid`s parents did a great job. You don`t get the way he is all on your own.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Absolutely. That`s all it is. It`s so stupid it`s almost funny.

I know Jalen has had some great moments on the field that we`ve all admired and praised and rightfully so. I don`t think, though, that I`ve ever been more proud of an Alabama football player than I was of Jalen when watching him on the sidelines in the second half and after the game in how he handled himself in that stupid interview. Also, watching him run out on the field to get to his teammates after Devonta`s catch. I swear I don`t think I`ve ever run any faster when he actually had the ball ! That kid`s parents did a great job. You don`t get the way he is all on your own.
sorry. " ever seem him run ..."

GboyBama

3rd Team
May 7, 2010
Mobile, AL
Even Jay Barker was pushing the fake "hate" narrative this morning, saying he didn't agree with so many fans hating Jalen. I refuse to believe a significant portion of our fans could be that dumb and I resent the assumption.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
We live in a society that equates disagreeing and hate.

Example:

What society hears:

This. 1000 times this. I've been open about what I thought were flaws in Jalen's game, but also very open about how, by all accounts, he has shown himself to be an excellent competitor, hard worker, great student, leader and super representative of the University and football program. Seems like the type of high character young man you'd want your kids to be around. Just because i don't think he sees the open seam routes or pulls the trigger fast enough in no way would mean I dislike the kid...

It's gotten worse than just equating disagreeing with hate, it's that if you in any way suggest someone could improve or don't praise every single thing that you must hate them. It's nuts.

shaggy

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 21, 2001
Hoover
Never heard anyone hating on Jalen but plenty of us, me included, wanted to see more of Tua because it was obvious Jalen had limitations with his downfield passing game. We wanted to see what Tua could do in real game situations not garbage time. So there was a lot of discussion and calls about the backup quarterback. That's not hate but Jalen's brother posted about the haters and the press ran with that. I've no idea why Jalen's brother posted that. Not very smart.
If there is something negative about Alabama, New Orleans teabagger, naked student, fans hating on players, the media will have a field day with it because UA is easy to hate. We're hated because we win too much, we're hated because Saban is hated, because the state is viewed as racist and redneck.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Love me some Jalen. Bama wins better than 90% when he plays QB.

Tua has higher potential, but Jalen is one of the best college QB’s in the country.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.