Fake news: Who hates Jalen?
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Fake news: Who hates Jalen?

The airwaves are full of people saying the fans hate Jalen. Can we address this?? I don't know know anyone who doesn't love the guy. I don't know anyone who wouldn't love for both of the QB's to be back next year. So, why is the fanbase being painted as up obsessed with sending Jalen packing? Fake news!

2. Advertisement
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Re: Fake news: Who hates Jalen?

We live in a society that equates disagreeing and hate.

Example:

"I think Tua is the better quarterback and would be the best fit for the offense."

What society hears:

"You hate Jalen and hope he fails in life."

You see how that works? It is why I said in the "Thank you Jalen" thread that I hoped Tua didn't spend the entire offseason running across the entire interwebs fighting this issue that doesn't exist.
    Last edited by Bamabuzzard; January 12th, 2018 at 09:23 AM.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

There might have been a couple on here that were overly critical, but the mods sent them packing. Personally I want Jalen back. We could use him in a few specialty packages. Just imagine what a nightmare for other teams it would be to have to prepare for both guys. Jalen in the wildcat and he would be a threat to throw it.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Hall of Fame

No one hates him. Most of us did not want to see him get benched, and of those that were calling for him to get benched, very few did so with malice. Though, I do live in this Tidefans bubble. I did tune in to talk radio the week before the NC game and heard a lot of negativity, but very little or really no "hate."

BamaNation Second Team

Hopefully nobody honestly hates the guy. He handles himself exactly as you want a representative of the University. As a QB? I may prefer someone else. As a person and contributor to the team? I'll take him any day.

BamaNation First Team TomFromBama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    We live in a society that deems disagreeing with hating.

Example:

"I think Tua is the better quarterback and would be the best fit for the offense."

What society hears:

You see how that works? It is why I said in the "Thank you Jalen" thread that I hoped Tua didn't spend the entire offseason running across the entire interwebs fighting this issue that doesn't exist.
    This ^^^

On the nose! Its a by-product of our sick, dysfunctional culture.
    Last edited by TomFromBama; January 12th, 2018 at 09:14 AM.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses..."
    Dennis of Mercia, British Statesman/Philosopher,
    (895 A.D. - ?).

Example:

What society hears:

You are so right and that's kind of what I was hoping to bring out. You just said it better.

BamaNation All-American Intl.Aperture's Avatar

After seeing the way he comported himself in the championship game nobody can hate Jalen Hurts.

Many people are probably ardently insisting that he no longer play QB and are probably using hyperbolic phrases to illustrate that like, "Jalen is a terrible QB" or "Jalen just can't play QB." which of course isn't true but is also not hateful.
    “And what's strange, what would be marvelous, is not that God should really exist; the marvel is that such an idea, the idea of the necessity of God, could enter the head of such a savage, vicious beast as man.”
    - Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

BamaNation First Team

Yeah it's kind of funny how coaches/staff and players are so gullible when it comes to what one person might say on the airwaves or online. They lump these loser fans that hardly ever step foot on camous or Tuscaloosa for that matter with all the rest of us. Jeff Allen's tweet earlier seemed to insinuate that Alabama fans take these championships for granted. Tuas tweet saying we didn't appreciate Jalens efforts this season.

Hello, it's unfortunately the world we've created and one we're living in right now. Everyone wants their"hot takes" shouted from the rooftops. The radio shows and internet sites depend on that type behavior .

Newsflash, a large chunk of our fans aren't like that.

BamaNation Second Team

I don't see how anyone who watches college football could dislike this fine young man!

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Those who live by social media and ESPN are doomed to a life of torment and stress. Get over it.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation All-American theballguy's Avatar
    Behind is in Colorado Springs, heart in Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    No one hates him. Most of us did not want to see him get benched, and of those that were calling for him to get benched, very few did so with malice. Though, I do live in this Tidefans bubble. I did tune in to talk radio the week before the NC game and heard a lot of negativity, but very little or really no "hate."
    I love Jalen and it bothered me a bit to see him benched but the coach has to make some hard decisions. I'll bet anything that if anyone was concerned for Jalen it was CNS. But you have to pull the trigger. It's not always comfortable. CF is just as competitive and high stakes as the NFL these days. That's how it goes. Any competitor would be hurt just as Saban says but any competitor has to know that could happen at any time. Egos be darned.
    “I know what it takes to win. If I can sell them on what it takes to win, then we are not going to lose too many football games.” - Coach Paul Bryant and I can see Coach Nick Saban agreeing completely.

BamaNation All-American

Example:

What society hears:

Absolutely. That`s all it is. It`s so stupid it`s almost funny.

I know Jalen has had some great moments on the field that we`ve all admired and praised and rightfully so. I don`t think, though, that I`ve ever been more proud of an Alabama football player than I was of Jalen when watching him on the sidelines in the second half and after the game in how he handled himself in that stupid interview. Also, watching him run out on the field to get to his teammates after Devonta`s catch. I swear I don`t think I`ve ever run any faster when he actually had the ball ! That kid`s parents did a great job. You don`t get the way he is all on your own.