Question: How many times do you think you’ve watched Tua’s touchdown pass?

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
I've been watching the different ESPN broadcast versions, each time I turn it on my wife is like "you're watching the game again". I said no I've never seen the game like this before.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
I've been watching the different ESPN broadcast versions, each time I turn it on my wife is like "you're watching the game again". I said no I've never seen the game like this before.
Yep, I just finished the coaches room and the Homer broadcast. Both were great, and Landon Collins reaction was priceless. I thought the Finebaum room was boring and they had no life at all in that room ...I was disappointed in that one.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
For a minute, I thought this was a joke comparing his 11 on the season to just 9 for Michigan all year. haha

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
After studying this play well over a couple hundred views it is obvious that prior to the snap Tua knew exactly who he was throwing to on this play. He was not even looking at the 1,2 or 3 RW. His only intention was to hold the safety on the hash and then let it rip to Smith. He was going for the TD before the ball left the center. If you watch the video from behind and slow it down as I have done hundreds of times you will notice his feet, weight and momentum are all preparing to throw deep to the left side before he ever turns his head. The crazy part about this is he did not even look at the WR. He was throwing to an area on the field where he knew his WR should be. So there is no adjustment for the length of the throw. He knows if the safety stays put he is throwing a rope 48 yards down the left side of the field to the goal line.

I have never seen a QB set his feet, transfer his weight and step into a throw before he ever even looks at the receiver he is going to throw to. Well, Tua does exactly this on the play. Had Smith fallen down at the 30 the ball would have still hit the goal line. It took brass to even attempt that kind of pass in this situation or at the least it was a HUGE risk made by a true freshman going for broke. Not to mention his understanding of the WRs speed and their timing to have the ball dead on target even without first spotting his receiver.

He showed earlier in the game he can read progressions and keep plays alive with his feet while keeping his eyes downfield. Well now we can add to that. Tua can hit a target or area without even focusing on the target prior to the throw.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
I don't know, 15 times? But I'm not usually the type to go back and rewatch it.

The funny thing is during the pass ESPN's fantastic streaming service cut out right as he was going into the end zone. So, my wife and I had this moment of "he caught it right", "it's a touchdown right" before she jumped into my arms and I spun her around a bit, heh.
Congrats :).

aerospace_ray

All-American
Oct 5, 2009
Alabama
Just out of curiosity I went to my google history page to check. WOW. I am embarrassed to admit - its a lot. And that number will probably grow. I have also watched the pass across the middle to Ridley quite a bit as well. Two awesome throws. RTR

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
I’ve come to understand why we watch it so much. It’s because it’s a thing of beauty. I’ll bet most of the QB’s in the pro ranks couldn’t throw a better ball. The beauty of it mesmerizes you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.