Question: How many times do you think you’ve watched Tua’s touchdown pass? - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: How many times do you think you’ve watched Tua’s touchdown pass?

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTheory View Post
    Wait, you guys don't have it on continuous loop?
    Beat me to it. RTR
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Skeeterpop's Avatar

After studying this play well over a couple hundred views it is obvious that prior to the snap Tua knew exactly who he was throwing to on this play. He was not even looking at the 1,2 or 3 RW. His only intention was to hold the safety on the hash and then let it rip to Smith. He was going for the TD before the ball left the center. If you watch the video from behind and slow it down as I have done hundreds of times you will notice his feet, weight and momentum are all preparing to throw deep to the left side before he ever turns his head. The crazy part about this is he did not even look at the WR. He was throwing to an area on the field where he knew his WR should be. So there is no adjustment for the length of the throw. He knows if the safety stays put he is throwing a rope 48 yards down the left side of the field to the goal line.

I have never seen a QB set his feet, transfer his weight and step into a throw before he ever even looks at the receiver he is going to throw to. Well, Tua does exactly this on the play. Had Smith fallen down at the 30 the ball would have still hit the goal line. It took brass to even attempt that kind of pass in this situation or at the least it was a HUGE risk made by a true freshman going for broke. Not to mention his understanding of the WRs speed and their timing to have the ball dead on target even without first spotting his receiver.

He showed earlier in the game he can read progressions and keep plays alive with his feet while keeping his eyes downfield. Well now we can add to that. Tua can hit a target or area without even focusing on the target prior to the throw.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3 View Post
    I don't know, 15 times? But I'm not usually the type to go back and rewatch it.

The funny thing is during the pass ESPN's fantastic streaming service cut out right as he was going into the end zone. So, my wife and I had this moment of "he caught it right", "it's a touchdown right" before she jumped into my arms and I spun her around a bit, heh.
    Congrats .

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by ROLLTRIBE View Post
    I prefer to watch the last second missed field goal

NOT!
    You sound like GrayTide - j/k.

BamaNation First Team

The Pass should have a sticky thread.

BamaNation All-SEC rolltide7854's Avatar

I think I'm getting close to a 100.

Does that include running it back mentally last thing before going to sleep?
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation Hall of Fame Al A Bama's Avatar

Well, I've seen it at least Tua times, maybe many, many more.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

BamaNation All-SEC aerospace_ray's Avatar

Just out of curiosity I went to my google history page to check. WOW. I am embarrassed to admit - its a lot. And that number will probably grow. I have also watched the pass across the middle to Ridley quite a bit as well. Two awesome throws. RTR
    User formerly known as "13 4 BAMA soon"

"they didn't stumble in to it, they didn't back in to it, they just whipped Miami 34-13" (Keith Jackson circa 1992-3 National Championship, ABC Sports)

Can't wait for it to show up on the big screen at the stadium next year during the pre-entrance video.....it's going to make a lot of noise.
    "I could tell they really didn't want to play against us any longer." - Alabama defensive end Jesse Williams

BamaNation All-SEC CrimsonTheory's Avatar

That pass:

the former CrimsonBleedRed.

BamaNation All-American Tide&True's Avatar

I’ve come to understand why we watch it so much. It’s because it’s a thing of beauty. I’ll bet most of the QB’s in the pro ranks couldn’t throw a better ball. The beauty of it mesmerizes you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "They've got a name for the winners in the world....they call Alabama the Crimson Tide"
    -Steely Dan

BamaNation First Team

At least 41 times.