2018 Schedule-related Thoughts
Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast
    BamaNation First Team Quicksilver's Avatar

2018 Schedule-related Thoughts

I've been thinking about our 2018 schedule in connection with comments that were made by various national sports media pundits during the 2017 season to the effect that, prior to the Auburn game, Alabama "hadn't played anyone." What I see coming up for Alabama in 2018 tells me that, to make the playoffs again, we are going to have to go undefeated and win the SEC. The SOS boost that we are accustomed to getting out of the opening game won't be delivered by a win over Louisville.

Thoughts?

2018 Alabama Football Schedule Masseyratings.com 2017 Finish Other Status
    Sept. 1 vs. Louisville (Orlando, Fla.) #28
    Sept. 8 ARKANSAS STATE #87
    Sept. 15 at Ole Miss #48 On NCAA probation; 2nd season HC for 2018
    Sept. 22 TEXAS A&M #41 1st season HC for 2018
    Sept. 29 LOUISIANA-LAFAYETTE #155
    Oct. 6 at Arkansas #72 1st season HC for 2018
    Oct. 13 MISSOURI #49
    Oct. 20 at Tennessee #78 1st season HC for 2018
    Nov. 3 at LSU #21
    Nov. 10 MISSISSIPPI STATE #14 1st season HC for 2018
    Nov. 17 THE CITADEL #235
    Nov. 24 AUBURN #9

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar

Re: 2018 Schedule-related Thoughts

I'm hoping that Louisville will buy out of, or be bought out of, that game. And replaced by UCF. The SOS derived from either one will probably be no worse than FSU this past season.

Safe to say that Bama's SEC competition in 2018 will be the barn and UGA. Have you seen their schedules? The barn plays two FCS schools. Alabama State and Liberty. UGA plays Austin Peay. MTSU. UMass, and GT.

BamaNation First Team

Yuck those schedules are turrible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shouldn't be an overly taxing schedule. Too bad Lamar Jackson left, that was the only way we'd have gotten a boost for playing U of L. We'll need A&M, LSU and Tennessee to overachieve. The Missouri game is intriguing due to their QB returning - at least it's in T-town.

Pruitt didn't catch any breaks with this part of the UT schedule, in succession: Florida, Georgia, open week, Auburn, Alabama, South Carolina.
    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

BamaNation First Team Quicksilver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALA2262 View Post
    I'm hoping that Louisville will buy out of, or be bought out of, that game. And replaced by UCF. The SOS derived from either one will probably be no worse than FSU this past season.
    Safe to say that Bama's SEC competition in 2018 will be the barn and UGA. Have you seen their schedules? The barn plays two FCS schools. Alabama State and Liberty. UGA plays Austin Peay. MTSU. UMass, and GT.
    The thought of a UCF swap-out for the opener hadn't occurred to me. I hope that happens. The trouble with FSU was, of course, that they faded so precipitously after the loss of Francois. I suspect that UCF will hold up much better down the stretch in 2018 than FSU did in 2017. For the regular season, the main thing that we have to do, as usual, is win against the Barn (that's assuming that the SEC West title is still in play for them at the time of the Iron Bowl). I just don't see our 2018 schedule supporting another 4th seed/no conference title scenario.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Arkansas State and ULL are normally pretty good midmajors. The OOC scheduling here was strong in concept but the Louisville situation may or may not pay off.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
    The thought of a UCF swap-out for the opener hadn't occurred to me. I hope that happens. The trouble with FSU was, of course, that they faded so precipitously after the loss of Francois. I suspect that UCF will hold up much better down the stretch in 2018 than FSU did in 2017. For the regular season, the main thing that we have to do, as usual, is win against the Barn (that's assuming that the SEC West title is still in play for them at the time of the Iron Bowl). I just don't see our 2018 schedule supporting another 4th seed/no conference title scenario.
    Without Jackson, Louisville would be very receptive to a buyout. In fact they may buy out of it themselves. If UCF has a game scheduled on 9-1, it has not been announced. As of now, that date remains open on their schedule. The UCF President says he is not interested in a neutral site game, but he probably has never been offered 4 or 5M to play in one. That will change his tune very quickly. Especially if that neutral site is Orlando.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-18/2...l-schedule.php
    Last edited by ALA2262; January 12th, 2018 at 10:04 PM.

BamaNation All-SEC

I think Miss. State could actually be a pretty good team in 2018. They return most of the players that dang near beat Alabama back in November. The trip to LSU is always tough but I'm not sure how they'll look this year. After seeing how our team overcame adversity this year, I'm not betting against us in 2018.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

So, #18 in 2018?

BamaNation First Team

Technically 2019 but hey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

just a FYI, Liberty will be in their first year of FBS next year, so auburn will only be playing 1 FCS team.

As far as our schedule, we will need to be undefeated or really hope the SEC is much stronger.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

12-0

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALA2262 View Post
    Without Jackson, Louisville would be very receptive to a buyout. In fact they may buy out of it themselves. If UCF has a game scheduled on 9-1, it has not been announced. As of now, that date remains open on their schedule. The UCF President says he is not interested in a neutral site game, but he probably has never been offered 4 or 5M to play in one. That will change his tune very quickly. Especially if that neutral site is Orlando.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-18/2...l-schedule.php
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
    Could be wrong about this but I donít remember hearing about a game being bought out this close to the game. Im pretty sure itís set in stone at this point but if itís not that would certainly be an interesting situation..