Third down inefficiency

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Prior to the Sugar Bowl, I read that Bama was 20 of 80 on third down in their last eight games against ranked opponents. I did not verify those numbers, but if they were correct then Bama is now 31 of 111 on third down in their last 10 games against ranked opponents. They were 8 of 17 against Clemson, and 3 of 14 against UGA. :rolleyes:

T Bone

1st Team
may be just me, but me be thinkin its about to get much betta............roll tide. the edit is for the disclaimer. i watched through the whole mike shula OMG we are a deer in the headlights era...........mike dubose before that.....been a bama fan since i was a kid in the 60's.........still thinkin its gonna get even better. We havent seen Sabans best work, just wait and see....

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Correct Tbone. There was an obvious reason the percentages were so bad. And against the better teams it just got worse.

I pretty sure a new sherrif is in town to take care of that problem.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Correct Tbone. There was an obvious reason the percentages were so bad. And against the better teams it just got worse.

I pretty sure a new sherrif is in town to take care of that problem.
The Bigger, Stronger, Better coached teams we faced in the later part of the season all employed the same strategy. Stop the run and force Jalen to put the game on his back.
For the most part that strategy worked for them... NOW...
I don't think their game plans will be to dare Tua to pass.
When they begin to respect his passing ability, and don't cheat the line holes are gonna open for our Running Backs.
AND THAT'S NOT GOOD, IT'S GREAT...

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The Bigger, Stronger, Better coached teams we faced in the later part of the season all employed the same strategy. Stop the run and force Jalen to put the game on his back.
For the most part that strategy worked for them... NOW...
I don't think their game plans will be to dare Tua to pass.
When they begin to respect his passing ability, and don't cheat the line holes are gonna open for our Running Backs.
AND THAT'S NOT GOOD, IT'S GREAT...
That became evident in the championship game...

Some hit the nail on the head. When you make first downs on first and second down, third hardly matter. Earle stole my 2nd and 26 bit....

Extremely excited about next year. I think that's a reason why Harris came back. He has the chance to have a Bama record. He's going to be the man next season.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Some hit the nail on the head. When you make first downs on first and second down, third hardly matter. Earle stole my 2nd and 26 bit....

Extremely excited about next year. I think that's a reason why Harris came back. He has the chance to have a Bama record. He's going to be the man next season.
OK then what was the number of and outs?

Last edited:

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
The offense may well end up looking like the 2012 offense w/ AJ, Eddie Lacey, and Cooper. "Yeah, we like to run the ball, but we'll chunk a deep one whenever we damn well feel like it."

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
The offense may well end up looking like the 2012 offense w/ AJ, Eddie Lacey, and Cooper. "Yeah, we like to run the ball, but we'll chunk a deep one whenever we damn well feel like it."
And AJ always seemed to find the open guy. The offense was productive to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.