Link: Rueben Foster arrested for pot

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I’ll be shocked if this is even remembered come training camp or September. I just don’t see it affecting his time on the field or in a contract in a couple of years - should he stay out of trouble.
I believe that the NFL has a mandatory drug program for these types of offenses. The NFL doesn't let this stuff go, though it will be treated as a first offense.

Tider6972

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 21, 2000
Montgomery, Al USA
These days, one has actually to TRY to get busted for weed; I mean fire one up after asking the cop for a match effort.

Bad publicity could have been avoided easier than earned.

JTH

1st Team
Sep 23, 2006
Woodstock GA
Fair, but this is more and more being viewed as something like a speeding ticket. Do we get upset with players for getting speeding tickets?

He will pay his penance with the judicial system, but the social stigma just isn't there for most anymore.
I guess I see it more in line with getting a DUI. The majority of people arrested for marijuana possession have been using it in their car while driving. If someone is going to smoke or drink, do it in the privacy of your home without endangering other people sharing the road.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
He was only charged with possession. He probably was not noticeably high or caught in the act of using it because otherwise there would likely be additional charges for driving while under the influence. Seems like they pulled him over, had probably cause to search, and found the marijuana.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
He was only charged with possession. He probably was not noticeably high or caught in the act of using it because otherwise there would likely be additional charges for driving while under the influence. Seems like they pulled him over, had probably cause to search, and found the marijuana.
Unless he pulled a Crazy Tony after lowering the window in his car as the cop approached and yelled "Boy Whats Up Boy!!!!!!" :biggrin:

Last edited:

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I don't mean for this to be political...

The Mayor of Tuscaloosa would like to change the law where possession of small amounts of marijuana are only a citation offense instead of going to jail. I tend to agree. Reality is that marijuana use is very widespread.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I definitely see Jerry Jones going Wolf of Wall Street mode.
Jerry throws a media party out in Oxnard at the end of training camp and always has his party bus which has a couple of his Lombardi trophies there. From a couple of friends who have attended several, “If the bus is rockin, Jerry is a tappin that .......”

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.