Audio of AJ McCarron interviewed on Tide 102.9 on 1/11/2018

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Talks about the game and Tua a bit. Among other things, he says what makes Tua excel is his willingness to take a risk, his anticipation, and the fact that he doesn't have to see a man open to feel where to put the ball.

Tider6972

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 21, 2000
Montgomery, Al USA
Talks about the game and Tua a bit. Among other things, he says what makes Tua excel is his willingness to take a risk, his anticipation, and the fact that he doesn't have to see a man open to feel where to put the ball.
I really feel that this "the fact that he doesn't have to see a man open to feel where to put the ball." is a big part of Jalen's passing issues, and that Jalen watching Tua will help Jalen be a better passer. He can throw the ball already, it's lack of 'feel' and anticipation holding 2 back.IMO

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I really feel that this "the fact that he doesn't have to see a man open to feel where to put the ball." is a big part of Jalen's passing issues, and that Jalen watching Tua will help Jalen be a better passer. He can throw the ball already, it's lack of 'feel' and anticipation holding 2 back.IMO
I can't remember if it was Troy Aikman or Peyton Manning, but I remember watching an interview with one of them and they were talking about the difference in a WR "Being open" in college compared to "being open" in the NFL. They talked about that many times in the NFL you have to anticipate AND throw into small windows BEFORE the WR even gets into his break. It was one of the transitions they had to make to be successful in the NFL. It seems Tua already has the ability to do this now. Granted, it may not be completely polished. But there's no doubt he has an uncanny "feel" for the game when it comes to passing. Very impressive and will be very hard to beat out.

buzzman

3rd Team
Jan 18, 2014
Madison, AL
Does McCarron come to games like others such as Ingram and other former players? Haven't seen him on the sidelines during TV broadcasts. Are there issues between him and CNS?

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Does McCarron come to games like others such as Ingram and other former players? Haven't seen him on the sidelines during TV broadcasts. Are there issues between him and CNS?
He was with his family. Got to figure he doesn't get to spend much time at home during the season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.