Big game against my Tigers tonight, Tidefans

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Wow, that was a perfect night from the line. Impressive. I don’t think I’ve ever seen our team shoot that many free throws without missing.

Good win, good effort. We got some good breaks toward the end, but we did a great job of closing it down at the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
RTR. Much needed win on the road. Glad to go 2-0 this week. Big week next week. Must pick up one of those.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
20-20 vision from the stripe without a miss, is that correct?

Alex Reese looked like a gamer, nice to watch.

TideBall

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 17, 2015
The first 15 minutes of the second half was the best the team has played in recent memory and the team defense was solid for the entire game. Given that we were playing without Hall, this was even more impressive. Sexton is obviously struggling a bit with other teams now starting to design their defenses to stop him and he needs to avoid getting rattled when that happens. The last 5 minutes was a scary reminder of how quickly our offense can become ineffective when they face something new, is this case, LSU going small. Fortunately, we had a good lead before then, the refs were friendly and we did hit our foul shots. On the whole, this was a major step forward.

Now, we need to prepare for good Auburn team, who look a lot like the smaller team that LSU put on the court in the last 5 minutes. Overall, the Auburn small guys are better than LSU and they play that style all of the time. I will hope this was actually a gift for our team, which may help Johnson them better for Auburn.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I just want to thank Will Wade for costing his team the game by acting like a child. He should have been ejected since he made contact with an official.

The game should not have been as close as it was. LSU couldn't make a shot, but they stayed in the game by getting to the FT line. At one point, they were in the double bonus while only being called for 4 fouls. The officiating was pathetic.

Collin picked up his fourth foul on a horrible charge call. Saw a LSU beat writer even tweet that it was a weak call.

Would like to see Avery let Giddens play through his fouls. Can't quickly take him out of the game after he picks up two fouls.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
I can honestly say I have little idea how we won that game.

The network was unreliable, and went out, for minutes at a time. (Even worse, when it rebuffered, it would sometimes go back to point a minute or so earlier. And other times................it would just jump to the present.) I think the game was only a 4-point game, at one point, and the next I heard, we were up over a dozen. That was a pleasant surprise.

In any case, I'll take it. Especially with Hall being out.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
That wasn’t a kick. The ball hit his knee. We lucked into two bad calls in a row.

Also, how dumb by Will Wade. Geez, I know it’s a godawful call, but you can’t giveaway a technical right there.

Kicking the ball is intentionally striking it with any part of the leg or foot. An unintentionally kicked ball is never illegal, regardless of how far the ball goes and who recovers it. It is also illegal to hit the ball with a fist.

Here is what the NBA 2014-15 rulebook says about kickball violations
"Section IV—Strike the Ball a. A player shall not kick the ball or strike it with the fist. b. Kicking the ball or striking it with any part of the leg is a violation when it is an intentional act. The ball accidentally striking the foot, the leg or fist is not a violation. c. A player may not use any part of his leg to intentionally move or secure the ball."

He did use his leg intentionally to strike the ball. So actually it was a good call.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.