Big game against my Tigers tonight, Tidefans

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
Well, Sexton needs to take what the defense gives instead of driving when it's not there. Would like to see the intermediate jump shot or 3 point shot. If you hit that consistently, they have to respect that and not pack the lane against him.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
really hope we can get a win against aurbren. our team is capable of beating anyone on our schedule which is in itself an improvement over last season. loved the decision to bring Petty off the bench. Key is getting better. I think Sexton is hitting a slump and just simply trying too hard. Still on board and positive about the direction of our basketball program

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
No doubt, it was a good win. Sexton is not scoring as much and for the TEAM that may be a good thing, but he was awful in this game. 9 turnovers won't get it done. Teams have decided to trap him when he drives too close to the basket which has caused him to lose a little composure. He needs to let the game come to him and take what is open. If he hits 3's and 12 footers, the inside will open up.

It was good to see us rebound well. Ingram was key to our rebounding success. We looked like the defensive team that we were last year which is encouraging. If we can play defense like we did tonight, we'll be in the hunt for the tourney.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Sexton needs to develop that mid range jumper more. Key looked a little better. He missed some cookies but I think those will start to drop soon. If he plays to his potential we will really be dangerous.

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
Kicking the ball is intentionally striking it with any part of the leg or foot. An unintentionally kicked ball is never illegal, regardless of how far the ball goes and who recovers it. It is also illegal to hit the ball with a fist.

Here is what the NBA 2014-15 rulebook says about kickball violations
"Section IV—Strike the Ball a. A player shall not kick the ball or strike it with the fist. b. Kicking the ball or striking it with any part of the leg is a violation when it is an intentional act. The ball accidentally striking the foot, the leg or fist is not a violation. c. A player may not use any part of his leg to intentionally move or secure the ball."

He did use his leg intentionally to strike the ball. So actually it was a good call.
^^^ This ^^^

On the slo-mo replay, you can see that he kicked his leg up to block the pass. That was an intentional kick and was an easy call by the official. That ref was soft on Wade for not calling a T on him immediately, even though he did get one later.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
^^^ This ^^^

On the slo-mo replay, you can see that he kicked his leg up to block the pass. That was an intentional kick and was an easy call by the official. That ref was soft on Wade for not calling a T on him immediately, even though he did get one later.
I don’t see how anyone watching the game would think that it wasn’t a kick. That was absolutely the correct call and a pretty easy call. However, the Charges on Colin Sexton were ridiculously bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.