Link: Keith Jackson Passes Away

ROTYDE

All-American
Nov 10, 2003
Muscle Shoals got the Swampers
Such a sad day. Keith is a big part of my youth. listing and watching college football back when most games were only on the radio he brought a vivid picture of what was happening on the field. I so have missed his broadcasts of college football. God bless his family and friends.:pDT_032:

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
So sad to hear this. He was the best ever in college football! 2nd place ain’t even close! I have been missing him for many years now. It is like Bum Phillips said about Earl Campbell one time...he’s the best in his class and it don’t take long to call roll! RIP!

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
There will never be another like Keith Jackson. For those who are not able to close their eyes and think back to college football telecast and just naturally hear his voice, you'll never understand what you missed. I can always hear KJ and Frank Broyles calling a game in my mind.

Good times gone but not forgotten . . .

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
He was such a big part of why my initial curiosity and fascination with college football - which I had never even heard of up here in my childhood - evolved into a love and passion for Alabama football.

My buddy and I would regularly, randomly quote some of his gems, out of pure respect and admiration...

"He stuck his head into that Alabama line, and a tree fell on him..."

RIP Keith Jackson.

You brought me way more than I can even say...

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL
I'll always remember his call of the 1993 Sugar Bowl. And not just the big plays either- my favorite part of the game is where he says "and they're starting to dance in Opp and Cullman and Eastaboga".

RIP Mr. Jackson. Say hello to Coach Bryant for us.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Valley View

3rd Team
Nov 7, 2016
Williamson County, TN
Younger fans have no idea how it used to be on game day. You would get two, maybe three games on TV each week. Bama would be on maybe twice a year, and if you wanted highlights you had to watch the Bear Bryant show on Sunday afternoon. The one thing that made those Saturdays would be when Keith Jackson called the game. Keith and Frank usually had the biggest game.

Thanks Keith for all those memories!!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
He had such a distinctive voice. It stood out from others in that era. Now, today, everybody almost sounds the same.

I think one reason we liked him so much is because he really liked Alabama and Coach Bryant. Not to the point of being unprofessional or biased, but he just appreciated greatness.

Makes me wonder what he thought about our current dynasty?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Younger fans have no idea how it used to be on game day. You would get two, maybe three games on TV each week. Bama would be on maybe twice a year, and if you wanted highlights you had to watch the Bear Bryant show on Sunday afternoon. The one thing that made those Saturdays would be when Keith Jackson called the game. Keith and Frank usually had the biggest game.

Thanks Keith for all those memories!!
So, so true. There are so many games to watch every weekend. I love that Bama is on TV every game now, but in those days a Saturday around the radio was more common than one around the TV.

kennyg

Jul 29, 2011
This is sad to hear, but he is a better place now. We listened to him on the radio, and watched
the games when available. Sad indeed.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Thanks, Mr Jackson, for a life well lived and for setting the bar high. You are the standard by which all others will be measured.

So sad. RIP

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Just saw this and, am heartbroken. His voice was somehow so descriptive that you could close your eyes, listen to him and be in Legion Field on a cool, sunny Saturday afternoon or wherever the game was being played. While he meant so much to a certain generation of Alabama fans, he had the same affect on all college football fans. He spent most of his adult life on the West Coast but you could tell he never forgot his southern upbringing. His partnership with Coach Broyles was one for the ages. Rest in Peace Keith Jackson there will never be another, you were the greatest of all time.

Last edited:

tlockwood

1st Team
Dec 15, 2000
Hephzibah, Ga
He is forever the voice of college football for me. He had a way of making fans thinking he was calling the game for their team. I wish he could have called the NC game this year.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.