Link: Keith Jackson Passes Away

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
A friend of mine shared this 1978 photo of Keith Jackson. Thought I would share. I included her statement at the bottom.

Donna Green-Townsend - Sad to hear of Keith Jackson’s passing. I am sharing a special historic photo I took back in 1978 when I attended a Journalism conference in Birmingham, AL where Jackson was one of the keynote speakers on a sports journalism panel. Also pictured here, the late legendary college football coach “Bear” Bryant and the late sportscaster Hubert Mizell.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Keith Jackson was college football. It is literally impossible to imagine one without the other, even though he has been retired for more than a decade.

He knew that nobody tuned in to hear him call the game other than his wife. He knew when to shut his mouth. Go back and watch the Colorado Hail Mary that beat Michigan in the Big House...he let THE CROWD tell what happened. Indeed, after saying who caught the ball - for a full 30 seconds - Jackson only says one word - "In-CRED-ible!"

And lets the crowd tell the story. THAT, my friends, was greatness.

RIP and thanks for the memories, Mr Jackson.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
RIP, Keith Jackson. We shared many wonderful football memories with you. No one did it better, and probably no one ever will.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.