Link: Keith Jackson Passes Away

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Keith Jackson was the GOAT.

I'm very sad to learn of his passing.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...gendary-broadcaster-keith-jackson-dies-age-89

Keith Jackson, who was widely regarded as the voice of college football by several generations, died late Friday night, his family said. He was 89.Jackson spent some 50 years calling the action in a folksy, down-to-earth manner that made him one of the most popular play-by-play personalities in the business.
"Keith Jackson is a man of great character and a legendary broadcaster," George Bodenheimer, then the president of ESPN and ABC Sports, said when Jackson retired in 2006. "For decades, his unmistakable style defined college football for millions of fans."

Last edited:

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Just sad news with Keith Jackson and Dick Enberg passing away so close together. Like coach Saban says, “they don’t make them like they use to.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JQBama42

Scout Team
Sep 24, 2014
Enid, OK
Definitely the best ever. The duo of Keith and Frank Broyles was the best as well. They didn’t smother the broadcast with nonstop gibberish like most do today.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Keith set the bar high for sports telecasting. Too high, I'm afraid, in light of what we have to deal with today.

You were the best. Thanks for the memories, Keith. God bless the family.

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN
It was the 85 Iron Bowl when I first started recognizing the voice. Can still remember the exactly what he said as that kick was about to go through the uprights:

“He missed a 52 yarder wide left with the wind. This is a 52 yarder into the breeze. Not strong, but there’s some. The kick is up (Broyles comments “It’s long enough.) It’s long enough and it’s GOOOOD! He Made It!”

God bless this man’s larynx. RIP, Keith Jackson.

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
My apologies for starting the other thread, didn't see this one.

Very sad news, but he lived a full life and brought joy to many people.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Thanks for the memories. RIP. His greatest gift was knowing when to talk and when to be quiet. Wish some of the current crop would learn to just hush sometimes. You don't get paid by the word.....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.