Poll: How was your experience of Mercedes Benz stadium?

Experience in the new Georgia Dome

• Great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • good

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Meh

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • bad

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • horrible

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I thought the new Georgia Dome was very great to look at but was a claustrophobic nightmare inside and out. I know the POTUS being there complicated things, but Ive talked to several people who went to the FSU game who said getting on the 'island' outside the stadium still was cramped. The concourses were very small as well. I think the old GA dome was actually bigger with the concourses. To me the stadium is inferior to Jerry World and the Superdome. Maybe when they clear the old GA dome out then it will be better on the outside.

But to sum it up for me, Nice to look at, but hard to walk through. and I'm not a pleasantly plump person saying this.

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010
It seems most experiences in this stadium are generally negative and that is inexcusable for a price tag of 1.6 BILLION.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I can't say yet. Single worst experience in my life trying to get into an event of any type. I know that was due to the potus, who I'll leave that opinion for another day when I try to go to a regular game.

I will say that from the time we passed the gate (around 7:40) it took maybe 10 minutes to get to the seats. No traffic, no issues. Possibly because there were still (literally) thousands of people still outside.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I've been twice and enjoyed it both times. The worst experience was a completely ill-prepared Tampa last year. Getting in MBS Monday was far easier than doing the same at Raymond James last year - and there was no POTUS to complicate matters. I also think it will make for easier ingress/egress once all the Georgia Dome debris is gone and the space converted.

GboyBama

3rd Team
May 7, 2010
Mobile, AL
I hated it for the FSU game. Claustrophobic and it is poorly designed in many ways. Somebody is going to get killed in a crowd crunch stampede there unless they can reconfigure the entry and exit situation.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I had to wait outside for over 2 hours in the cold light rain with the packed crowds. It was horrible . I could barely move.

The Club level was nice. I had great seats. I think I like the Georgia Dome better overall.

Two days after the game I got the Flu, probably from being so close to people in the crowds for over 2 hours! I haven’t been sick in 3 years with anything respiratory. I hate still being sick, but at least we did win. RTR!

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I went to both games.

1.) Beautiful stadium
2.) Love the large screens... but they seem up too high. ( I was on level 1 for one game and Club level for the other....Club level much better)
3.) Sound system needs a lot of work. Too much sound reverb in the stadium.

It does seem kind of wasteful that they replaced the old Georgia Dome.

deryckj

Mar 16, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
As most have stated, it was the worst experience of any of the National Championship games....been to all since '92. Getting in was a mess and getting out wasn't much better! From our seats we could only see the bottom half of the screens, so the replays were from the waist down. Georgia Dome was a much better venue, IMHO. #RollTide #17

CrimsonPride

1st Team
Dec 9, 2001
Chattanooga, TN
I went to the FSU game and came away underwhelmed. Does not compare to Jerry World at all. The design is unique and it has some great amenities but is a logistical nightmare particularly if you have a mobility disability.

The concourses are too small. There is very little room to walk if people are at the concession stands which they always are. Very few people movers such as escalators or even ramps. They used stairways because they took up less space. As result, when the game was over, the mass exodus came to an abrupt halt waiting on folks to go down the stairs. Of course, none of the elevators were working. Not slow, just not working at all according to the stadium staff. So, the folks in wheelchairs were stuck.

The width of the stairs in the section where we were seating were so narrow that only one person could get through at a time. No two-way traffic even for skinny people. I wondered how they were able to pass inspection for a venue that would hold 70,000 people.

The sound system is horrible. BDS sounded much better.

I think problem is the actual footprint of MBS. Building this stadium right next to the Georgia Dome limited their ability to make this stadium as grand as it should have been. This stadium is not nearly as spacious as the Georgia Dome. Jerry Jones got it right by picking a plot of land where only his imagination and his money could limit him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.