Bad calls...

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Georgia fans, the ball is not there yet, but your guy has MUGGED our guy! Thank God for Calvin Ridley. I don't know how Calvin even saw that pass coming in his direction. Looked like it was blocked from his view. And if he had not caught it, we know Georgia would not have been called for holding or pass interference! UNREAL!

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
The Georgia oline held our d linemen on almost every play. We saw it the night of the game and caught even more on the dvr’d playbacks.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
There aren't any attachments. They're all embedded and should pop up when you open the post. It sounds like a browser security setting problem to me...
When I log out I can see them as images. Only logged in do they appear as attachments that I cannot launch. Must be an account permissions issue.

CincinnatiAlum

2nd Team
Aug 9, 2004
But this cannot be true ... because the refs were in our back pockets! And all the bad calls were made against GA ... ��

(Blue font ... of course :) )

12Namath12

Suspended
Sep 24, 2016
Birmingham
Georgia fans, the ball is not there yet, but your guy has MUGGED our guy! Thank God for Calvin Ridley. I don't know how Calvin even saw that pass coming in his direction. Looked like it was blocked from his view. And if he had not caught it, we know Georgia would not have been called for holding or pass interference! UNREAL!
The Najee Harris no-call was completely INCOMPETENT!

Calvin was looking at Tua the whole time. After the initial read wasn’t there, he didn’t give up on the play. He kept moving as he always does and like you said, thank God for Calvin Ridley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
Man Earl...you must have been an investigative reporter in another life[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This was a facemask or illegal hands to the face during the play, which should have become unnecessary roughness or unsportsmanlike conduct when the whistle blew. And there was an official looking right at this, who actually broke them up.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
According to Georgia, this can't be...

Truth is the game was called 'Loosely' and a lot of Holding was taking place.
Georgia practically mauled some of our players.
I guess Kirby don't want to talk about those plays...

Valley View

3rd Team
Nov 7, 2016
Williamson County, TN
It all points to the issue that most, including the refs, were pulling for Georgia. I heard on a sports talk show that one of the reasons that the game got the 2nd highest ratings in ESPN history was that because Georgia was ahead all game and folks were tuned in to see us lose. I love happy endings!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I agree with the general feeling that this was just a poorly called game. Both teams were effected by the bad calls fairly equally (IMO). But if a game is going to be poorly called, this is the way that I would prefer it to happen - with a slew of non-calls rather than 20+ penalties which totally disrupt the flow of the game.

Ultimately the players decided the game. Both teams realized that this was a free for all, and both just buckled down.

I understand the heart ache felt by GA fans right now. First their Falcons collapse in the Super Bowl, then GA gives up a late lead to lose to Alabama, and now the Falcons lost another winnable playoff game. It has to be tough being a football fan in that state right now.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
I agree with the general feeling that this was just a poorly called game. Both teams were effected by the bad calls fairly equally (IMO). But if a game is going to be poorly called, this is the way that I would prefer it to happen - with a slew of non-calls rather than 20+ penalties which totally disrupt the flow of the game.

Ultimately the players decided the game. Both teams realized that this was a free for all, and both just buckled down.

I understand the heart ache felt by GA fans right now. First their Falcons collapse in the Super Bowl, then GA gives up a late lead to lose to Alabama, and now the Falcons lost another winnable playoff game. It has to be tough being a football fan in that state right now.
I concur. They let the players play and missed calls on both sides. Much rather them do that than either call a ton of penalties or be obviously slanted to one side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
When it comes to OL holding, I don't think the calls were even at all. I think the officials let them get away with murder on the OL. After hearing so much about the front seven of both Clemson and UGA, it was immediately ours was greatly superior, even still semi-wounded, to either team. If they hadn't let them hold continually, we would have lived in their backfield even more than we did...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
When it comes to OL holding, I don't think the calls were even at all. I think the officials let them get away with murder on the OL. After hearing so much about the front seven of both Clemson and UGA, it was immediately ours was greatly superior, even still semi-wounded, to either team. If they hadn't let them hold continually, we would have lived in their backfield even more than we did...
Totally agree - It seemed to me that an Alabama player was being held on almost every play. Watching B1G crews for decades, this is fairly typical. Offensive holding is just not called much in the B1G. Maybe Kirby picked up on that and took advantage?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.