Bad calls...

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I am a fan of this thread. I will break it out whenever a Dawg fan is whining to me about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I was talking with my brother about this last night.
I swear, what constitutes holding must have changed since I first started watching the game.
I am not sure if there is anything that will get called holding any more. I would like to see how many holding calls happened across Div. 1A per year since, say, 1980. I bet there is a lot less holding called now that there was the year Coach Bryant retired.

Kind of like what constitutes a catch. I am not sure at all what constitutes a catch today.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
This photo would be even more effective if the ball was visible. I was commenting on this non-call in another thread and Najee was absolutely getting mugged on the play. No call. Ridley made it a moot point, but this was 4th down. If Ridley had not caught the pass, this no call would have been decisive.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Man, I saw Harris get mugged in the endzone, but totally missed all these other ones. Makes it that much sweeter that #6 caught the winning TD pass, esp over 24.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tidegrandpa

All-American
This photo would be even more effective if the ball was visible. I was commenting on this non-call in another thread and Najee was absolutely getting mugged on the play. No call. Ridley made it a moot point, but this was 4th down. If Ridley had not caught the pass, this no call would have been decisive.
In video ball was clearly in the air. Stevie Wonder coulda made that call.

And this thread needs to be stuck on top permanently.

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL
I approve of this thread. Heard lots of garbage from various fanbases this week at work. This will help me prove my point that the calls largely balanced out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
And Georgia fans are complaining about officiating? Unreal!!!!! Earle, maybe you need to send these to AJC and Al.com or
we need to place them on ALL highway and interstate billboards in the state of Georgia. Are Georgia fans BLIND?

Someone mention that N. Harris was "hugged"; instead, I think he was MUGGED. Did that guy take N. Harris' wallet during that mugging?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.