Tua proves "If not for Colt" excuse as weak

TNBama

1st Team
Apr 19, 2000
Knoxville, TN. USA
Re: Tua proves "If not for Colt" excuse as weak

Mack’s obsession with getting Colt the Heisman by keeping him in blowout games to pad his stats likely affected Gibert’s readiness. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THIS is exactly the problem with their excuse. They were more obsessed with a single player (winning the Heisman) than with the team (winning a national championship). Their failure to prepare their backup was a big contributing factor. Mack rolled the dice and lost. That being said, I still think we beat them despite who was in, or who was prepared.

However, everyone knows if Colt had not been hurt then Texas would have cured world hunger and all diseases, founded a colony on Mars, and established Coltism as the predominant world religion.

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
I was in the Georgia Dome when we best for the SEC Title. They barked all game long, well until AJ hit Amari for the game winner. Men who were good and grown barking like they didn’t have any sense.
That had to be annoying. I much prefer them in the arms-on-the-head posture.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
Re: Tua proves "If not for Colt" excuse as weak

The main difference in preparation between Gilbert 2009 and Tagovailoa 2017 is that Gilbert played 9 games before the Rose Bowl but only attempted 26 passes. Tua had attempted double that number before Monday. Mack’s obsession with getting Colt the Heisman by keeping him in blowout games to pad his stats likely affected Gibert’s readiness. Mack is one of the most overrated coaches of my lifetime. Unfortunately for our ears, he’s even worse as an analyst...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah and I think Bama got a little complacent in the second half of that game , I think Tua is much more gifted than Gilbert and further along in his development. I can't stand Mack brown as a commentator. The only thing worse would be Tubberville and Mack together . I'd rather watch Galloway and Palmer pretend to know what they're talking about

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
"If Colt hadn't got hurt..." should always be read as "If Mack Brown developed players instead of padding stats..."
That game marked the beginning of the end for Mack Brown.
Sometimes I think he still hasn't been told.

I do have to hand it to Mack Brown... He knows less today working games then he did coaching them.

One final insult for Mack Brown.
His brother Watson was a heck of a lot more likeable.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.