Poll: Whats your favorite of Bama's last 5 NCS?

which is your favorite

• Total voters

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Re: Whats your favorite NC out of the last 7 NCS?

Alabama won the 2018 CFPNCG and the 2017 National Championship.
Correct. The people on FB were arguing about rather their shirt should have 2017 or 2018 national champions on it. Some even said they got fake ones because it had 2017 national champions on there.

2bseen

3rd Team
Nov 8, 2007
lake guntersville

I have been very lucky to have been to all of the Saban championship games but the loss to Clemson last year. I think the Texas game was the most special because it had been so long since the last one, but last week was very special because I got to carry my mom to her first championship game.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

Correct. The people on FB were arguing about rather their shirt should have 2017 or 2018 national champions on it. Some even said they got fake ones because it had 2017 national champions on there.
You would think with all the national championships we have won this would not be a problem by now.

Last edited:

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN

That's why it's so important that they win another title next year. That way those who have a 2018 championship shirt will be good either way.

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
The beat down of Notre Dame will always be my favorite. It was pay back for all those games in earlier decades. No one could complain about Colt getting hurt, or that maybe we shouldn't have gotten to play in the game. That was the one year that everyone in the country knew this team was the best, and no one else was even close.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
all of them are awesome in their own unique way. but living in jawjuh, i have to say this one takes the cake. the icing on that cake is that this is arguably the best team uga has had in a long time, going against a relatively rag-tag team that has been decimated by injuries who had pretty much stagnated offensively. as they say, sometimes your best effort still isn't good enough.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

My favorite will always be 2009, since it was the first Championship that I experienced. I was a child and not even a fan of football for the 92 Championship.

2017 is definitely my second favorite and definitely the most exciting game out of all of them.

If we are talking about games then I cannot say. I’ve missed the last two. If we are talking about seasons then it would be 2015. Everything and everyone said the dynasty was dead, even some on here. I proclaimed after the demolition of UGA in Athens that Bama would never lose a game and I was right.

But if I have to say a game it will always be the latest one. So, the championship of 2017 is it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
I had the privilege of being at all the games. Here's my order (from most exciting to least)

2017 vs. GA - In their backyard. Huge comeback. The team never quit and was a fantastic finish. Made it even sweeter especially after the AU loss and it didn't look like we'd get in. Then, of course, the payback vs. Clemson was nice!

2015 vs. Clemson - Back and forth affair - we made some huge plays. Another fantastic game to be at. Drake's kick return for the TD one of the biggest plays in Crimson Tide history.

2009 vs. Texas - History of the Rose Bowl - our first time back in so long. Relatively close game late and Anders' sack was HUGE.

2011 vs. LSU - Payback, baby. I remember the LSU fans' screaming "Tigah Bait" the entire time we were down in the French Quarter and on the trollies.

2012 vs. Notre Dame - Total domination. Game was never in doubt. It was so sweet to outplay ND on that stage, but we knew from the first drive on that we would win.

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL

So proud of this team and the way it fought through all of the adversity and then for it to be capped off by Tua coming in to lead the comeback. And finally to win it with a walk off strike like that? It doesn't get any better. But I still have to vote to the beat down of ND. That was truly sweet!

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

My favorite is the 2009 Rose Bowl. You can say it is a historical moment in college football. "The shot heard around the world" kind of moment. This game illustrated the fact that the level for excellence in college football took a quantum leap. Business as usual wasn't going to cut it, every program had to retool and go through an overhaul or be left behind. A few programs had a flash of success in the last ten years (ie Awbarn) but none have come close to our continuous domination week in and week out. Long live the Dynasty.

tru2thaduce

All-SEC
Nov 25, 2005
Wichita,Kansas
I made it to the first 3.Couldn't afford to make it to the latest two.This one is an easy answer to me.Crushing Notre Dame was easily the most satisfying championship for me.I just wish we could play them more in this era to even up the score a bit.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
It is honestly hard to say. I love them all for different reasons. I was a student for the first 3. 2009 was awesome and surreal. I was a freshman in 2008, Saban had only been there a year and sustained success was just an unfulfilled promise. You could definitely tell the difference in the team that first game against Clemson and that whole 2008 season was awesome as we broke one rival streak after another against us, specifically LSU and Auburn, and took down all the teams that had been successful while we were down. I remember JPW was interviewed sometime in the season and said the team goals were to win 11 games and compete for the division. No one really expected more than to compete for the Conference title, though the hope was there. That was a thrilling SEC Championship game even though we lost. Take it to 2009, we went undefeated and got revenge on Florida and took down Tebow and the team that had dominated the conference for the last 5 years. Then we beat Texas, finally getting a win against them. People also forget that at the time Texas had been playing excellent football since Vince Young and the Rose Bowl and was in the title hunt every year. Beating them at the Rose Bowl was kind of historical too, since that is where Bama first became a national name. So basically 2008-2009 was a revenge romp, taking down all our rivals and kind of ending those 2000-2008 powers.

2011, we knew we were the best team in the nation and that the overtime loss to LSU was not indicative of the actual game-we dominated everywhere but on the scoreboard. Watching every team we needed to lose, lose on one weekend was amazing, and set up the revenge game where we dominated LSU and broke the back of that program.

2012, despite A&M loss, was one of the most dominating teams I’ve gotten to watch. I even got a ticket to the SEC Championship game and got to watch Amari steak away from me for the go-ahead TD bomb. Mosley tipped the 5 sec pass in front of me to seal the win. Then we absolutely dominated Notre Dame. I had non-football watching relatives over and they kept pulling for Notre Dame because “this isn’t even interesting”. The back-to-back gear was everywhere and it was super cool to be double reigning champs and go into the next season with a 5th year senior QB and a legit chance at a 3-peat.

2013 hurt, bad. We had dominated the whole season, it was my senior year and we just knew we were going to win the SEC and play FSU and win the National Title. I got to watch all that disappear in person as we let Auburn hang around, then tie the game with hardly any time left after that awesome 99yd TD. Then no one touched the returner all the way to the endzone and a team just as good as the 2012 team ended the season with nothing. I was at the Sugar Bowl too and watched us sleep walk to defeat at the hands of a 3 loss Oklahoma team.

Which made 2015 so awesome. We had been totally written off as a “dead Dynasty” by the whole nation, and it looked like AJ might be our last NC winning QB for a while. Everyone dogged us all season, but Coker helped us win the SEC, destroy MSU, and take Clemson down in an absolute thriller. The Dynasty was back on tract! One of my favorite teams-gave me that “blue-collar” feel like 2008.

Then this season I didn’t expect a whole lot (didn’t last year either, basically breaking in a new team) but we kept on winning. After imploding against Auburn I figured the season was done honestly, then we got the second chance, got revenge on Clemson, then that title game was an epic second half comeback with such promise for the next 2 seasons in what the freshmen were doing.

Sorry for the long post, got carried away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.