Poll: Whats your favorite of Bama's last 5 NCS?

which is your favorite

• Total voters

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
1992, I'll never forget that season. I was 12 years old, and the season seemed magical. There was nothing better than putting it to the Miami Hurricanes when they had been so dominant over the last 10 seasons. Gator meat is Sugar sweet. Hurricane season is over, the Tide is rolling in! Gino who? :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNElephantitis

1st Team
Nov 30, 2015
Memphis, TN
Re: Whats your favorite NC out of the last 7 NCS?

I have been very lucky to have been to all of the Saban championship games but the loss to Clemson last year. I think the Texas game was the most special because it had been so long since the last one, but last week was very special because I got to carry my mom to her first championship game.
SO last year was your fault :wink:

Valley View

3rd Team
Nov 7, 2016
Williamson County, TN

All of them. 2009 since it had been awhile. Notre Dame cause they are Notre Dame. Clemson 1 because of the excitement, and 2017 for the surprise ending.

aerospace_ray

All-American
Oct 5, 2009
Alabama
Of the five most recent its #17 for me. Each one becomes my new favorite :). In my childhood, the goal line stand but this most recent one is special. OK well.... they are all special. I am still so happy !! RTR

M2J

All-American
Jan 28, 2007

Impossible question.

'09 is special, because it was the first of the stretch and capped the lone undefeated season.

'11 is special, because of the dominance and also the revenge against our division rival.

'12 was the most enjoyable game for me. Due to the slaughter of an undefeated team.

'15 was special because it was the year all of the talk was when supposedly "The Dynasty Ended", and it was quite possibly the best played game from both teams in an high scoring affair.

'17 was definitely the best game of all of these from a suspense and quality POV, given the comeback aspect with a brand new QB in the 2nd half. Storylines were everywhere.

My personal favorite was 09. So sweet to get that first one. But '17 was the most memorable game of my life

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I have been very lucky to have been to all of the Saban championship games but the loss to Clemson last year. I think the Texas game was the most special because it had been so long since the last one, but last week was very special because I got to carry my mom to her first championship game.
Ima need you to go to all the ones in the future.

K, thanks! 😜

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
I voted for the 2009 championship I was at the Florida and Texas games, so that makes this championship special for me. We had been waiting for a championship for so long, which made this one so sweet.

Quicksilver

1st Team
Mar 13, 2010
Ellicott City, MD

For those of us old enough to remember the frustrations with Notre Dame (both on the field and in the polls), 1966 through the early 80s, the 2012 season national championship was irreplaceable.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama

2009 - perfect season that ended a long drought. The best game, by far, was the SECCG though . That game was the most cathartic game I can remember.

2011 - Great defense, not a particularly exciting game.

2012 - That was fun, a blow out from the start.

2015 - Very exciting game, not a great defensive effort

2017 - Wow. Wooooooow. What an emotional roller coaster.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture

2009 for me. we as fans had been waiting so long to be back on top. Seems as though Saban was proud and a little emotional as time ran out because he knew how much it meant to the fans to get back to a championship team.. same feeling when we beat Florida to win the SEC before that title game

TNElephantitis

1st Team
Nov 30, 2015
Memphis, TN

2009 for me. we as fans had been waiting so long to be back on top. Seems as though Saban was proud and a little emotional as time ran out because he knew how much it meant to the fans to get back to a championship team.. same feeling when we beat Florida to win the SEC before that title game
That SEC Championship feels like a mini-Natty since Florida was king of the hill back then and it took us two tries to finally knock them off.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA

I don't think you can really rank championships but just taking into account my own feelings and some thoughts about the whole team and the year, I say my top two are the first two.

I was in the Rose Bowl in 2009, with my dad, too, so that is special to me as a game, and it was the first NC in a long time. Loved Ingram getting the Heisman and finishing it off with a win. Loved the team's personality, esp. of Dareus and Cody; loved the Rocky Block, which was also a magical moment. It was by no means a given at that time that there would be a dynasty. Tebow's tears! I have to think the first is precious.

I also love the 2011 season, which as Selma said, had the most resonance outside of football, and in addition was the single most dominant season of football I personally can remember (even though we lost to LSU the first time). I found that season exhilarating and at the time otherworldly. And the way we broke the BCS and everyone's heart with getting into the final. Crushing a very good LSU team into the turf... the entire country had to grudgingly admit, "Yes, we're sorry, we apologize for doubting you... you did deserve to be in the NCG." Oh, so tasty!

I'd say those two years/championship would be my top two, but each of the others has a lot of precious memories and things to cheer and remember.

2012 was also dominant and had offensive swagger, which is not something we saw every season, and the beat down of ND was awesome. For me not as special as maybe for those with a longer memory.

Probably the most unlikely team to actually succeed was 2015, and Jake Coker living his dream was pretty cool. Also a great championship game, actually a lot more fun to watch as a whole than this last one. I also liked the A'Shawn Robinson and Jarran Reed defense -- oh, so dang salty! There was just always blood in the water for that defense.

Finally, this year had the absolutely most bizarre and miraculous ending, which is special. But while that is special, I can't call it my favorite season/championship. This year was actually kind of grueling and (relatively) not as easy to relate to. We were the most talented team, but even when you add in injuries, there was still an element of under performance (compared to our ceiling) this year. We had a relatively weak schedule, but with each passing game we agonized over the QB and the receivers getting frustrated, and Damien Harris not getting carries and... just seemed like a painful march at times. I don't mean to sound negative because there is no negative for a championship year, but I certainly have not been a part of this board during a time of greater angst than this season. As great as the end was, you have to wonder what Saban was waiting for with Tua, and you have to feel for Jalen even now. The finish to the season was obviously amazing, but while that was cool, it doesn't necessarily make this championship my favorite.

So for me it's the first two, and then in a second group I'd put the other three.

Last edited:

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Also, can y’all believe that out of all these championship runs, the first one is the only team to actually go undefeated? Kind of crazy with all these good teams.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
I love this thread. Think about it. There aren’t any other CFB team message boards with a thread title like this one.

#bamaproblems

Last edited:

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
2017 because of my location. I'm self-employed now so I didn't get any office trash talking, but my gosh, I got it before the 2015 game, and had to deal with their whining after the 2012 SECCG.

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
For me it's 2009. It was an undefeated season and the first national championship in seventeen years. Ingram won the Heisman which was the first for Alabama which made it that much sweeter. All the national championships are all very, very special. I am 51 years old and the 2009 national championship team from the Saban era and the 1992 national championship team really stand out to me and I remember the '73, '78 and '79 national championships very well. Again, they are all very, very special.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

I voted for this years Nattie.
It really bothers Auburn and Georgia. That's worth a lot.

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
Hard to choose becuse they are all so special.

But, I’ll rank them on my personal scale, taking into account the whole season.

2012- I feel like this may have been Saban’s best, most well rounded team.
Not his best defense, but they were still really good.
The offense had AJ putting up great numbers, freshman sensation Cooper at WR, two 1000 yard rushers in Lacy and Yeldon.
We put such a beat down on the golden domers, it was beautiful.
With the game in Miami, it had almost Super Bowl feel to it.

2009- Beat very good undefeated Florida and Texas teams, put us back where we belong, Champions of college football.

2017- A frustrating season at times, but one of the most exciting games in Alabama history on the biggest stage of the year.
Amazing, walk off TD.

2015- An exciting championship game for sure, some very memorable moments.
I loved the season D. Henry had, was happy for Coker, good guy, went out on top.

2011- Kind of hate to put this one last, what a great defense that year, and got sweet revenge on LSU.
But, the game was kind of boring, LSU looked clueless, they curled up into the fetal position and took thier whipping lol.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.