Poll: Whats your favorite of Bama's last 5 NCS?

which is your favorite

• Total voters

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
One of the biggest problems of being an Alabama fan is choosing which trophy is your favorite. :biggrin:. So out of the last 5 which is yall's favorite? For me its the Tua game since its the only one Ive attended.

2009 National Championship (2010 BCSNCG vs Texas)

2011 National Championship (2012 BCSNCG "The Rematch")

2012 National Championship (2013 BCSNCG vs ND)

2015 National Championship (2016 CFPNCG "Bama vs Clemson Round 1"_

2017 National Championship (2018 CFPNCG vs UGA)

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Re: Whats your favorite NC out of the last 7 NCS?

I also wish the name of the championship matched the season and not the date it was played.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

This changes for me, but right now my favorite is #17. In a few months it will probably be the beat-down of Notre Dame again.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Notre Dame. Love an easy slaughter over a nail biter anytime.
Me too. If not for me going to Monday's game and having to deal with all that barking before the game then I probably would've said either the LSU or ND game

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN

#13 was my favorite because of the long drought but it has been replaced with #17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

2011 because of what it meant in the recovery of the area. Boring title game, awesome team.

“We buried the hurt.”

Nick Saban

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

Texas or Notre Dame just because of their Name. Roll Tide. No doubt the most exciting was the 'onside kick" and "the bomb"

I never tire of laughing at that guy with the fake girlfriend.

Last edited:

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee

Georgia right now but in 6 months Tejas because I was there and being there is a magnificent experience.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

It's still fresh, so time will tell - but with all this team had to go through to win #17 this year, this is my favorite. Beyond the injuries, winning the game in such dramatic fashion, against a truly great football team, just incredible.

RTR

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
I love them all, but if I had to choose just one, it would be the Notre Dame game.

They were hyped up so much leading up to the game, and to see a “shell shocked” Brian Kelly during his halftime interview was priceless. We put a thorough shellacking on ND, and I loved every minute!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

I'd love to say "They're all my favorite!" because in a way they are.

And although the poll says "5" I'm going with the thread title of "7".

That would take us back to the '79 title.

That was an awesome season and team that beat a Lou Holtz coached Razorback team 24-9, but it was my 2nd witnessed title. I had seen the Goal Line Stand the year prior. I was destined to be a Bama fan no matter what, but those seasons were sweet as Sugar.

If I were restricted to just the Saban era I have to go with 2009 because it's the first since '92 and Alabama was undefeated. A 17 year drought was ended.

All since are special in their own way and the Championship Games as an entity each have had significant meaning.

2011 was redemption and overcoming adversity. 2012 was a beatdown of the only program that can rival Alabama over the long haul. 2015 was a thrilling game, as was this year. They really were all great.

But that 1992 undefeated scrappy underrated team with an absolutely smothering defense that nobody but Alabama folks and Corky Simpson gave any chance to win is my favorite.

The Alabama program was supposedly dead after Coach Bryant's retirement.

Alabama's 1991 team was "The worst 11-1 team in America" and few had any respect for the '92 team after it went 12-0 and won the inaugural SECCG against Spurrier's fun-n-gun.

Alabama football with its ball control running offense and smothering relentless defense was too boring and certainly no match for the Miami machine's high powered offense and a team stacked with future NFL talent.

Alabama won that game with 18 passing yards.

So many awesome moments from Teague's high step to The Takeaway to the 11 men at the line of scrimmage defense.

And Alabama added another trophy to the case with Coach Stallings, one of "Bear's Boys". The 13 year drought was over and Alabama did not die with the retirement of Coach Bryant.

Alabama was more than a single great coach and man that we still Love and appreciate.

Always has been. Always will be.

Roll Tide.

Last edited:

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

I loved them all for different reasons. Texas ended a long drought. LSU righted a wrong. Notre Dame was like decades of revenge. Clemson was after the media had declared the dynasty over. Georgia's fans and coach needed put in their place. RTR

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
This may change but right now it's #17. I was at the 2010 game vs Texas so that will always be up there but this last one just feels different. Definitely my favorite

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
2015. Bama versus Clemson had different styles and it made for an interesting albeit nerve wrecking game. I think all of our skill players and some special teams really got to show out that night.
Until 2015 season the 2011 was my favorite. LSU had alot of smack talking leading up to the game and never even scored during the game. And quite a few media members were questioning McCarron, saying Alabama won in spite of him rather than because of.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.