Bama vs Georgia 2nd most watched CFP game

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
So much for the country tuning out another all-SEC national championship football game. Alabama's win over Georgia drew a 16.7 overnight TV rating, according to an ESPN news release, and that's the second highest for a BCS or College Football Playoff game that the network has televised.

Ohio State's championship win over Oregon on Jan. 12, 2015, is the highest at 18.8.

The Auburn/Oregon game Jan. 10, 2011, ranks third at 16.1, followed by Alabama/Clemson on Jan. 11,2016, at 16.0 and Alabama/Notre Dame on Jan. 7, 2013, at 15.7.

Among local markets, Birmingham was first at 57.6, followed by Atlanta (47.8), Greenville, S.C., (31.9) and Jacksonville, Fla. (29.0).

http://www.theprogressnews.com/spor...cle_35f96779-422a-54d5-8dd0-1eb7f45d7558.html

I have not seen this posted but I may have missed it.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
So much for the country tuning out another all-SEC national championship football game. Alabama's win over Georgia drew a 16.7 overnight TV rating, according to an ESPN news release, and that's the second highest for a BCS or College Football Playoff game that the network has televised.

Ohio State's championship win over Oregon on Jan. 12, 2015, is the highest at 18.8.

The Auburn/Oregon game Jan. 10, 2011, ranks third at 16.1, followed by Alabama/Clemson on Jan. 11,2016, at 16.0 and Alabama/Notre Dame on Jan. 7, 2013, at 15.7.

Among local markets, Birmingham was first at 57.6, followed by Atlanta (47.8), Greenville, S.C., (31.9) and Jacksonville, Fla. (29.0).

http://www.theprogressnews.com/spor...cle_35f96779-422a-54d5-8dd0-1eb7f45d7558.html

I have not seen this posted but I may have missed it.
What's funny is most of the country tuned in and stayed tuned in because they probably assumed we were going to lose (much to their enjoyment) but Bama reeled them in to view another title instead. Georgia hearts were not the only ones that broke across the country. I'm sure there were plenty in the ugliest village on the plains.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
It looked to me like more than half of America tuned in to see Alabama get beat by Georgia.

When Tua came into the game, it was obvious he didn't get that memo.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
It looked to me like more than half of America tuned in to see Alabama get beat by Georgia.

When Tua came into the game, it was obvious he didn't get that memo.
Man here in Texas told me he went to bed at halftime, but he told his wife "I'll wake up in the morning and find out Alabama came back to win." Said he really wasn't surprised.

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
There were a lot of disappointed college football fans all across the country (and beyond) that tuned in to see us get beat, but there were sure a lot of happy ones here on TideFans.com early Tuesday morning... What a great time to be a Bama fan!

TUSCALOOSAHONOR

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2014
Slocomb, Al
www.facebook.com
What's funny is most of the country tuned in and stayed tuned in because they probably assumed we were going to lose (much to their enjoyment) but Bama reeled them in to view another title instead. Georgia hearts were not the only ones that broke across the country. I'm sure there were plenty in the ugliest village on the plains.
I've seen Ga and Bama fans reactions on YouTube. Wonder if there are any of au fans reactions. Got to be hilarious.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I've seen Ga and Bama fans reactions on YouTube. Wonder if there are any of au fans reactions. Got to be hilarious.
There was one posted by a TN fan that was very funny.

There was also one posted by a GA fan that was pretty normal until the ending. Can't link it because of language, but at the end he packed his bag and said he was moving to Alabama. :biggrin:

tlockwood

1st Team
Dec 15, 2000
Hephzibah, Ga
I have several friends who are Allbarn fans. ALL of them were pulling for us over Georgia Even a few of the Tutorsee fans said the same. I was pretty surprised. (No blue font)

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
I have several friends who are Allbarn fans. ALL of them were pulling for us over Georgia Even a few of the Tutorsee fans said the same. I was pretty surprised. (No blue font)
My god...How obnoxious are Georgia fans? (I am from mobile. So I know only one and she is ok.)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
My god...How obnoxious are Georgia fans? (I am from mobile. So I know only one and she is ok.)
a letter to the editor in the ajc today

College football needs a dose of integrity

The officiating in the championship game was an absolute disgrace, a black eye for college football and an insult to anyone who cares about the integrity of the game.

An Alabama player belly-flops onto a pile after a Georgia player is tackled. No call. There is actually a name for that penalty. It is called piling on. An Alabama player grabs a Georgia player’s face mask. No call. An Alabama player pushes down on a Georgia player’s head after a tackle. No call. Georgia is incorrectly called for off-side after blocking a punt. The momentum of two Georgia drives are stalled so that one referee can review another referee’s work. Maybe it’s really a diversion to sell us stuff via commercials.
it gets worse.

Professor

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2017
I think a lot of these posts are wrong. Bordering on paranoia.
Alabama has a following across this country that would surprise a lot of you. And I can speak for one small section of North Carolina where there are a lot of Alabama fans. In fact, I would say that beyond the local colleges and universities (UNC, NCS, Duke, etc) Alabama may have the biggest fan base. Proof. Consider the large number of students enrolling at Alabama from all over the country, especially the northeast. We even have a lot from the Charlotte area going to Tuscaloosa.
It's history. Alabama is a winner, and a let of people love a winner. And they were particularly drawn to the Bear. Saban is a class act. It all adds up. And it all adds up to a huge following for the Tide.
Enjoy it while you can.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.