Bama Coordinator Search Thread

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Don't suggest Shula, Freeze. That's not going to happen.

I think Locksley is a good choice right now. He can be aggressive on offense, which isn't a bad thing.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
That will not happen for several reasons. Alabama is not the place to learn on the job. They are in a win mode now.
I think any talented OC or Coach can win with this group. Locksley would be a learn on job promotion as well. Not disagreeing with giving it to him. But this is exactly what I am saying. 3 year buy out the key though. Would start a new trend for coordinators.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think any talented OC or Coach can win with this group. Locksley would be a learn on job promotion as well. Not disagreeing with giving it to him. But this is exactly what I am saying. 3 year buy out the key though. Would start a new trend for coordinators.
Why would he learn on the job? This isnt his first time calling plays.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Why would he learn on the job? This isnt his first time calling plays.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
That's the problem - his record. I know he worked for some bad programs, but his record is bad. But he's a good recruiter.

No to JM also. Offense has changed since he was OC, and his Os at UF were awful, though he had bad QBs.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
Brett Favre is probably tired of making those Copper Fit commercials.

Junkman

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 27, 2017
Freeze. He runs the spread that suits Tua and Jalen. Hottest offensive candidate around in the SEC. He'll call plays from upstairs. You'll never see him or hear from him. He'll preach he's back on the straight and narrow and the recruiting trail will be as white as snow. It's the south, folks give second chances. Plus, sounds like Tua is a religious kid from his post game interview. He'll love Freeze. Roll Tide.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
All I know is, not once in 10 years has Saban hired an offensive coordinator and I thought to myself, yeah, totally saw that hire coming.

I would however prefer it not be another rehab coach who will be here one or two seasons then bounce. In fact I feel like we have been put in a bind coordinator wise the last 2-3 seasons and I’d like some stability. You here that, Coach?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Freeze. He runs the spread that suits Tua and Jalen. Hottest offensive candidate around in the SEC. He'll call plays from upstairs. You'll never see him or hear from him. He'll preach he's back on the straight and narrow and the recruiting trail will be as white as snow. It's the south, folks give second chances. Plus, sounds like Tua is a religious kid from his post game interview. He'll love Freeze. Roll Tide.
Does Hugh Freeze have any aliases like say Joey Freshwater? Then we could hire that guy and save a little face.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
All I know is, not once in 10 years has Saban hired an offensive coordinator and I thought to myself, yeah, totally saw that hire coming.

I would however prefer it not be another rehab coach who will be here one or two seasons then bounce. In fact I feel like we have been put in a bind coordinator wise the last 2-3 seasons and I’d like some stability. You here that, Coach?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sark was the only one that was telegraphed imo

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Do you think Coach Saban is anxiously looking at TideFans to help him get names of possible candidates for that OC opening? For many, many reasons I do NOT!

Is coach between a rock and a hard place on this hire? Hmmmmmm! Some players supporting a certain coach on the staff vs Coach looking for the very BEST person for the position?

I'll just relax and wait for Coach's decision.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.