Bama Coordinator Search Thread

JQBama42

Scout Team
Sep 24, 2014
Enid, OK
Mike Yurcich at Okie State
http://www.okstate.com/coaches.aspx?rc=23

"• A 2016 nominee for the Broyles Award presented to the nation’s top assistant coach, Yurcich oversaw an Oklahoma State offense that was one of only two from the Power Five conferences to produce a 4,000-yard passer (Mason Rudolph), a 1,000-yard rusher (Justice Hill) and a 1,000-yard receiver (James Washington)."
I like this. Go steal an OC from one of these high octane offenses. Someone creative that spreads the ball all over the field. We have a stable of thoroughbreds on that side just waiting to run wild.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I feel like people aren't really paying attention to Locksley and What he has accomplished:

http://www.umterps.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=29700&ATCLID=208127430

The talent he had at the previous stops does not measure up to what we have at Alabama. If we choose to go in different direction, then I'm okay with that. But Suggesting Eno, McEwlain, other folks because of past success does not mean their offense will work at Alabama. I don't think Mike Yurcich will be a candidate at alabama..... Saban is going an offense that that is suited better for either one of the QB. If it's Locksley, he'll bring Multiple offense...

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
Do you think Coach Saban is anxiously looking at TideFans to help him get names of possible candidates for that OC opening? For many, many reasons I do NOT!

Is coach between a rock and a hard place on this hire? Hmmmmmm! Some players supporting a certain coach on the staff vs Coach looking for the very BEST person for the position?

I'll just relax and wait for Coach's decision.
I dont think any of us are expecting CNS to look on Tidefans for our opinions. But as a discussion board, that's all we can do is discuss. I'd be concerned if we were not discussing it.RTR

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Freeze. He runs the spread that suits Tua and Jalen. Hottest offensive candidate around in the SEC. He'll call plays from upstairs. You'll never see him or hear from him. He'll preach he's back on the straight and narrow and the recruiting trail will be as white as snow. It's the south, folks give second chances. Plus, sounds like Tua is a religious kid from his post game interview. He'll love Freeze. Roll Tide.
I’d hire Freeze right after I’d slam my testicles in a car door.....

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Go get Cale Gundy(mike gundys brother) at OU. Has been at Oklahoma since the beginning of the Stoops years and knows a thing or two about explosive plays on O. Relatively young, good understanding of the spread O, used to a culture and atmosphere of winning at a high level like our own, and has been in the state before(@UAB)....

Last edited:

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
Can anyone imagine the absolute insanity that would ensue if Joe Willie Namath was named the OC at Alabama?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
After hearing news just this week of some of the stuff Freeze was allowing at OM as part of his recruiting, I don't want him anywhere near our program. He's a fantastic offensive coach, but no thanks...

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Mike Shula will probably be hired somewhere in the NFL before the end of their coaching turnover cycle. His tenure down here in "collegeland" will probably be his only stint of his coaching career. He was always an NFL assistant careerist and his tenure here was a well-meaning but ill-fitting mess.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
After hearing news just this week of some of the stuff Freeze was allowing at OM as part of his recruiting, I don't want him anywhere near our program. He's a fantastic offensive coach, but no thanks...
Could move Dan Werner up from analyst to Co-OC with Locksley and get the benefits of some of the Ole Miss offensive approach without the baggage. In fact, I kinda like the idea of Locksley Co-OC/WR and Werner as Co-OC/QB.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.