Bama Coordinator Search Thread

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I wouldn't mind the Chip Long hire. He's a young guy who may OC here for 3-4 years before taking an CFB HC or NFL coordinator job. He has done nothing but succeed as a playcaller.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Just what I'm hearing and considering the offensive philosophies I'd say Chip Long fits us better than Locksley.

They guy from Okie State is intriguing to me too. He sounds very versatile and flexible to do what the HC wants to do.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
He's a defensive coach and considered a bright young mind in setting defensive coverage in the secondary.

InsaneMustang

1st Team
Jul 30, 2001
Since the news about Daboll came out last night, I've never seen so many people on Twitter and on here push for Freeze as a legitimate option for a coaching position as I did this morning. I understand the success he had at Ole Miss and the fits his offenses gave CNS. All of that aside, I do not want him near my program in any official capacity (even as an analyst). I do not think CNS would consider him for an official position, but what do I know?
No way in hedes

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Ok, fine. I'll do it.

It should be simple enough.

Run, pass, run run. TD. Championship, etc etc - right?

And just to be extra sure I'm getting it right I'll just check the Tidefans game forum during each series to get some input and run the plays y'all want, that way I'll be SURE to succeed.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Ok, fine. I'll do it.

It should be simple enough.

Run, pass, run run. TD. Championship, etc etc - right?

And just to be extra sure I'm getting it right I'll just check the Tidefans game forum during each series to get some input and run the plays y'all want, that way I'll be SURE to succeed.

H
e especially needs to consult the game threads and post-game threads for after game self scouting.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
VERY carefully. :biggrin:
LOL.

Seriously though, I think it was you who pointed out some team was going to get a really good OC at a bargain in Freeze. You're 100% correct on that. I just hope its not Bama. Ive seen some on Twitter compare Freeze's situation to to Kiffin's or Sark. Those two circumstances are not even in the same stratosphere, especially in regards to the NCAA.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
With the win the other night, coach has flexibility to handle this transition in ways he would not have if we either lost or won with Jalen finishing the game.

Coach knows and we have heard that recruiting needs a reboot certainly to compete in the SEC against all the guys who learned the Process from him.

The guys we are going to win with over the next couple of years are already on the roster. This current recruiting class was already going to be small anyway. So this was the year to make the changes if they needed to be made. Given all uncertainty I don't know how much more we can do on the recruiting trail and hold what we have until after NSD.

After then, focus on getting the staff in here that will get us through the next 3-4 years that can start targeting next year's critical recruiting class where we will need players at all positions.

This whole transition has the feel of what I have read about CPB's transition to the wishbone which reenergized the last half of his coaching career. The win the other night and how the staff is reassembled will likely dictate how much longer coach stays in the game. I sense he feels a weight has been lifted and is looking forward to a few more years in the sideline.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I'm betting Chip Long or Mike Locksley at this juncture. I bet a choice will be made quickly because of the home stretch of recruiting.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
LOL.

Seriously though, I think it was you who pointed out some team was going to get a really good OC at a bargain in Freeze. You're 100% correct on that. I just hope its not Bama. Ive seen some on Twitter compare Freeze's situation to to Kiffin's or Sark. Those two circumstances are not even in the same stratosphere, especially in regards to the NCAA.
I would be very disappointed if Coach made this move. I am ok if Saban wants to give the guy a shot at being an analyst just to keep him busy and engaged, but please don't bring into contact with our kids as a coach.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.