Bama Coordinator Search Thread

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
You laugh, but he's right.

If the young WRs transferred because Tua didn't the chance, we would have been in major trouble. WR recruiting was already struggling.

But hey, you guys can continue to ignore what many have tried to say since the Auburn game.
I don't see it as issue of ignoring anything, it's more like recognizing Saban has more info and experience in making these decisions that I or anybody posting here does, and relying on his judgement. He will occasionally act human and make a mistake, but I'm going with overall results, and I couldn't be more pleased.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
The program may be bigger than Nick Saban, but Nick Saban is bigger than any coordinator, quarterback, or receiver, that's for darn sure. Anyone who wanted to leave over the situation, wouldn't be missed 1% as much as Nick Saban would. I can't fathom some people really seem to think Saban was the problem here, Saban is why Tua was here, Saban is why Tua didn't redshirt, Saban is why Tua got as much playing time early as he did. This situation was his creation, and he was prepared when the time came to do what he had to do.

Anyone at Alabama who has a problem with Saban? I hope they leave to be honest, and I don't care who that is... if they somehow try to think things through and come to the conclusion that he's the problem, that he's the issue, then good riddance.

Edit: I'm not trying to insult any poster here, I want to clarify that. But, if I had to choose between losing every single coach, every single recruit, and Nick Saban and a blank slate, I'm choosing Saban and a blank slate.

Last edited:

LeBron47

1st Team
Aug 30, 2007
I am sorry I missed where our WR were talking about transferring if Tua didn’t get a start. If that is thier desire and they want to go the way of Blake Barnett, Cornwall and others who went to losing programs and sat the bench so be it. There is another talented five star that probably wants their place. I really doubt it was ever a serious discussion... a team that fragmented would not have pulled together and won the National Championship...

What is all this hand wringing over the Barney game ... it was no more telling than the Ole Miss wins the years we won national titles before. At Auburn you play to hope to beat Bama ... at Bama you go to win National Titles. I could give two rips less about those inbreds and there two big wins at home this year. My question for them is where is the hardware? I tell them where it’s in Tuscaloosa... Again

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Of course we want the best coordinators that we can get. But I'll suggest there is so much talent on the offense that even a competent OC, under Saban's supervision, will look like a genius.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
It's the internet, hyperbole is our second language.
This is beyond the pale.

As CullmanTide posted about - Saban has won 5 of 9 and some posters here act like he's lost it. The 'back seat coaching' going on here is astonishingly funny.

I'm just laughing aloud over here...

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I am sorry I missed where our WR were talking about transferring if Tua didn’t get a start. If that is thier desire and they want to go the way of Blake Barnett, Cornwall and others who went to losing programs and sat the bench so be it. There is another talented five star that probably wants their place. I really doubt it was ever a serious discussion... a team that fragmented would not have pulled together and won the National Championship...

What is all this hand wringing over the Barney game ... it was no more telling than the Ole Miss wins the years we won national titles before. At Auburn you play to hope to beat Bama ... at Bama you go to win National Titles. I could give two rips less about those inbreds and there two big wins at home this year. My question for them is where is the hardware? I tell them where it’s in Tuscaloosa... Again
That's the thing, though. If the young WRs left, there wouldn't have been 5*s waiting. The WR recruiting this year was very, very slow. It has gotten better in the last week. A few guys seem more interested than they previously did.

B1G compared it to how Ohio State has struggled in the last few classes with JT Barrett at QB. It's pretty accurate.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Man, some of y'all need to dial down the hyperbole a bit.

Just sayin'...
The problem is that all the types of bama fans are out on this issue.

You have your sunshine pumpers saying “ how dare you question CNS. How dare you call yourself a Bama fan if you do so”

You have your realists who either say “ CNS is the greatest coach, but he isn’t beyond making a mistake” or “ He is the greatest coach, and I’m staying out of the eeyore and pumper war”

Then you have the eeyore brigade who say “ I told you Tua was the answer, why couldn’t CNS see what everyone knew”

Had Daboll left a week or two later I think it would be a more civil debate because the CLK comments wouldn’t be so warm to people’s ears, and people wouldn’t be as excited as they are now.

Last edited:

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
This is beyond the pale.

As CullmanTide posted about - Saban has won 5 of 9 and some posters here act like he's lost it. The 'back seat coaching' going on here is astonishingly funny.

I'm just laughing aloud over here...
Back seat coaching can be fun, hindsight makes for brilliant tacticians.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The problem is that all the types of bama fans are out on this issue.

You have your sunshine pumpers saying “ how dare you question CNS. How dare you call yourself a Bama fan if you do so”

You have your realists who either say “ CNS is the greatest coach, but he isn’t beyond making a mistake” or “ He is the greatest coach, and I’m staying out of the eeyore and pumper war”

Then you have the eeyore brigade who say “ I told you Tua was the answer, why couldn’t CNS see what everyone knew”

Had Daboll left a week or two later I think it would be a more civil debate because the CLK comments wouldn’t be so warm to people’s ears, and people wouldn’t be as excited as they are now.
I get it, but again, it's incredible when you step back and take a look at it.

I've long been openly critical of Saban about some issues - he's no more perfect than I am - but again, the 'back seat coaching' going on here is astonishingly funny.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
You laugh, but he's right.

If the young WRs transferred because Tua didn't the chance, we would have been in major trouble. WR recruiting was already struggling.

But hey, you guys can continue to ignore what many have tried to say since the Auburn game.
The funny thing is this inept coach started putting a plan in place after that very game to play Tua when Jalen struggled. We dominated Clemson, so he didn't put a true freshman in playoff game because there was no reason to. When Jalen clearly couldn't get it done, he put Tua.

Everybody is here is assuming that the whole team wanted Tua. I think it is nieve to believe that. There was probably a division of players who supported both.

Since we are talking about all these hypotheticals, and what ifs - what if had put Tua in the Clemson game, a close game hard fought game, and Tua took a 16 yard sack followed by a pick six or a fumble and we lost that game. You don't think there would have been players upset because the starter got pulled and the freshman "blew the game". You think the whole team would have been supportive of that?

The bottom line is that the HC has to make the decisions that is best for the whole team. This program was a dumpster fire when Saban came here, and would continued to be if Rita hadn't have 86'd Rich Rod coming here. We are on the greatest run in the history of the sport, so forgive me if I laugh at the people that act as if CNS almost destroyed their team and "wrecked the whole program".

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
I don't see it as issue of ignoring anything, it's more like recognizing Saban has more info and experience in making these decisions that I or anybody posting here does, and relying on his judgement. He will occasionally act human and make a mistake, but I'm going with overall results, and I couldn't be more pleased.
Coach once made a mistake just to see what it felt like.

LeBron47

1st Team
Aug 30, 2007
As to WR leaving I highly doubt any of that is true and as to all of them going I totally call baloney on that. As to recruiting I believe one poster has already pointed out we pretty much get who we need if not this year then next.

And my heavens if this entire conversation is centered around what Joey Fishwater is saying we all need to be committed. Lanes biggest problem is Lane. Hey he has had a good run at FAU I think he better enjoy the ride because no big name school wants him ten miles within their program. BTW with all the interviews for new coaches this year why wasn’t his name in the mix... Now I know why Pat Hayden fired him before he reached the tarmac...

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I’m excited about all of the proposed candidates-

1) Freeze- his issues withstanding, I like the thought of his vertical passing attack with Tua, our WRs, and Irv & Henteges. He didn’t run the ball well @ OM because his RBs sucked (that’s putting it nicely). That won’t be the case here. He would be inheriting talent at every position unlike anything he’s ever seen, including the talent paid to get in Oxford.

2) Chris Long- don’t know as much about this guy but what I’ve read is good. He’s a local guy. He had a good year @ ND this year.

3) Mike Locksley- he knows the personnel and has a great relationship with the players. Proven to be a good recruiter & knows what Saban expects from our offense having served in multiple capacities in the program.

I’m sure they’re others I’ve missed. These three keep coming up although I’ve not heard much about #2 in the last few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I get it, but again, it's incredible when you step back and take a look at it.

I've long been openly critical of Saban about some issues - he's no more perfect than I am - but again, the 'back seat coaching' going on here is astonishingly funny.
It is incredible, and probably won’t be replicated in our lifetimes. He is the greatest coach, but there has been credible information that suggests him and Daboll had a difference of opinion on who the qb should be. These reports really have riled people up because it’s starting to show a side of CNS many aren’t comfortable with.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.