Bama Coordinator Search Thread

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Payne would probably be a beast pass rusher like Sapp if anybody still used the Tampa-2 approach where the down linemen basically get to pin their ears back and the run defense is up to the back seven.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Our secondary experienced allowed us to be hyper aggressive with blitzes in 2017 which helped damage control for the injury problems. Basically looking to have the flip of that and on paper it seems likely to happen. I know in sub-packages when we have Jennings/Lewis - Ray/Buggs - Davis - Miller/Lewis up front that they will be hell on an OL.
I also love that Chris Allen, Van Cowan and Dylan Moses all got playing time this year. They will all improve in their second year. Maybe Markhail Benton will make an impact at mike linebacker.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Payne would probably be a beast pass rusher like Sapp if anybody still used the Tampa-2 approach where the down linemen basically get to pin their ears back and the run defense is up to the back seven.
I remember when Monte Kiffin was coaching Tennessee's defense in 2009 and they gave us fits all day with the Tampa 2.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I seem to remember that Tennessee was the start of teams trying to use the 46 Bear defense against us in 2009. I do think he tried to used the Tampa-2 installation that season but against us they were basically committing to plugging every run gap and daring McElroy to beat us with his arm. Credit goes to Kiffin because I think just about every opponent we played rolled out their implementation of the 46 defense against us and we struggled against it really until late (VERY LATE) in the season when McElroy got his groove back against Auburn and Florida.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Our secondary experienced allowed us to be hyper aggressive with blitzes in 2017 which helped damage control for the injury problems. Basically looking to have the flip of that and on paper it seems likely to happen. I know in sub-packages when we have Jennings/Lewis - Ray/Buggs - Davis - Miller/Lewis up front that they will be hell on an OL.
Right. Then add in guys like Mack, Moses, Allen, Mathis, Ray, Benton, etc. The depth and athleticism is there to wear down and overwhelm opponents. I can see heavy rotating going on to where guys like Lewis and Jennings are basically fresh late in the game. That puts teams away.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Right. Then add in guys like Mack, Moses, Allen, Mathis, Ray, Benton, etc. The depth and athleticism is there to wear down and overwhelm opponents. I can see heavy rotating going on to where guys like Lewis and Jennings are basically fresh late in the game. That puts teams away.
I wouldn't be shocked if Anoma sees time. That guy is a freak.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Jarez Parks is a guy that people have forgotten about. He sat out a year and is in this signing class. Has he enrolled yet ?

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Could this be the best collection of pass rushers that we've ever had in Saban's tenure ? 2015 and 2016 were pretty awesome but this group will be ferocious.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Look, Whether we have depth at ILB or OLB, we have the spring, summer and fall to figure out where the depth is. WE will be fine. WE just won the championship and we need to enjoy this as much as we can... Because once Spring practice starts, it is time to focus on for this fall.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Look, Whether we have depth at ILB or OLB, we have the spring, summer and fall to figure out where the depth is. WE will be fine. WE just won the championship and we need to enjoy this as much as we can... Because once Spring practice starts, it is time to focus on for this fall.
Thanks for the note. Maybe we should just shut the board down until April. 👍

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.