Bama Coordinator Search Thread

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
If Long is out then it's apparently it's down to Lock or Freeze. CNS may pull a rabbit out of his hat though and do something no one is expecting. I'm not concerned if it's Lock. i think he will do just fine.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
but, if all the players in that group are frustrated that they are doing their jobs, and making the blocks, and getting open and the ball is almost never coming out of the QBs hands, and it's causing the offense to sputter to the point it is hurting the team and then the position coach is able to at least moderate the situation, you have to give him credit for that. The tension from some of the players was extremely visible watching games. We've got multiple first round potential WRs on this team, and a couple of pretty good seniors who could have had a shot at the NFL with a decent season, but the ball wasn't coming out once we got into the meat of the schedule. I'm sure the WR film room got very, very tense with guys seeing exactly how open they were...
My point is simple...Just because Locksey "might" have diffused something doesn't make him the right choice. OTOH it doesn't mean he's not the guy.
I had tension all the way back to the 2016 season about our passing game. Seriously doubt anyone's draft stock dropped.FWIW look back to what I said when the QB discussion first hit his board.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
If Saban has issues with the offense and can still win championships like this then who cares?

I wish that in spite of my "blind spot" I was at the top of my field and the envy of all my colleagues and had accomplished a level of domination and consistency that smashed record books and sent my contemporaries helplessly scrambling for a way to unseat me.

Saban isn't good at everything but he's so good when it matters that he is literally unstoppable. People, talented and gifted people, have been trying desperately to stop Nick Saban for a decade and have little to show for it. Millions and millions of dollars have gone into coaching contracts, new equipment, and player evaluation technology; all in pursuit of knocking the King off his throne and yet...
Despite his apparently well documented blind spot or projected weakness the program he has built crushes the CFB world like a steam roller gliding over Frosted Flakes cereal.

It's not that Saban maybe made a call on offense too late - it's that it didn't matter. Tripping backwards over our own shoelaces with our arms in slings and a neck brace cradling our skull we still managed to win a national championship game against a healthy and disciplined opponent.

How remarkable that despite waiting till the last possible moment to make a season altering decision the team still had so much talent (stocked by Saban) and discipline (coached by Saban) that they were able to punch Georgia in the throat and snatch a title from their limp hands?

People should be more afraid of Nick Saban now than ever before. He can literally beat your best team on its best day with one hand tied behind his back.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I agree.
It took an Elite Qb (Who would have been Rookie of the year in the NFL if he had not been injured) on an elite team playing the game of his life last year to keep Alabama from winning the national title. And even then he did it by the skin of his teeth. Saban is a machine

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Sure it is - if you are making unreasonable posts. As far as it affecting the coach, obviously one post, or one subject is not going to have an effect; but it piles up over time, affects the media's coverage, other fans and the attitude and spirit of the program. Aaron Suttles commented recently that Saban was growing tired of the increasing criticism. The whining after the AU was pathetic. What if he goes 10-3? The constant whining, no matter what, could push him over the edge. No one nor he is claiming his infallibility, but the arrogance and lack of propriety by some Bama fans is unbecoming. Have some fun and if you have criticisms, do it with respect. This is the toy store of life. This is a great and fun moment in Tide history.

How's that for fan posting etiquette 101? Sorry to be so preachy.
A bit holier than thou, aren't we?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Re: Bama Coordinator Seach Thread

I just don't think I'd enjoy watching Freeze call 20 wide receiver screens a game.
You would if Smith, Ruggs, and Jeudy break them for touchdowns.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TideRush

Scout Team
Jan 4, 2011
ESPN reporting FSU hiring Bell from Maryland as OC, so for now appears Locksley is staying and FSU was determined to have someone from Maryland on staff

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
Not going to sweat over who we hire because I have no control over it. CNS will hire who he thinks is best that is available at the time. Have to trust the process it rarely lets us down. RTR

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
ESPN reporting FSU hiring Bell from Maryland as OC, so for now appears Locksley is staying and FSU was determined to have someone from Maryland on staff
Intel is they may bring in Locks' old boss "Edsel" as team transportation mascot, the way things have been going south down there...

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
While Long was the most intriguing name to me, Saban has literally forgotten more about what makes a good OC than I will ever know. That trophy he just carried home and set beside the four others inclines me to give the man some benefit of the doubt. So let's all just calm down and trust the process.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
While Long was the most intriguing name to me, Saban has literally forgotten more about what makes a good OC than I will ever know. That trophy he just carried home and set beside the four others inclines me to give the man some benefit of the doubt. So let's all just calm down and trust the process.
Certainly my stance. I just read threads like these for the pro rasslin style commentary and hand wringing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
There is no reason to be watching this with much concern. Even the bad ones weren't that bad and the good ones had their faults.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
There is no reason to be watching this with much concern. Even the bad ones weren't that bad and the good ones had their faults.
Agreed. As I said previously, with all the talent we have on offense, whoever gets the job will look like a genius and will be a household name by the end of the 2018 season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.