Championship cokes

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
They always seem to make more cans than bottles. You really have to be on the lookout for the bottles to be able to get some before they are gone. The cans always come out much quicker. I must say they don't put much effort in the designs for the newer championships. The old ones were much cooler...

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Coca Cola has sold so many things to honor Bama's success I think if Saban gets one more championship they ought to have a special bottle edition to recognize an amazing record.

Maybe a bottle that expands at the top as a salute to broad shoulders.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Well mine didn't leak, I was moving and had my Bama cans from the Clemson game sitting out(,was about to put them up) and the next thing I know the plastic six pack ring is sitting there empty and my relatives that help me move says to me " where did you get those cokes...they taste horrible" I said they should, they are over two years old. I found bottles but man was I mad...
I will check my shelves if you want and let you have a 6 pack at cost

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
I have not lived in the state for any of our championships since 1979, and didn't even know that collectibles cokes from the championships was a thing. Now I am jealous. All I have is one bottle from Coach Bryant's record way back in 1982 or 1983. I wonder how that drink tastes now.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
I have not lived in the state for any of our championships since 1979, and didn't even know that collectibles cokes from the championships was a thing. Now I am jealous. All I have is one bottle from Coach Bryant's record way back in 1982 or 1983. I wonder how that drink tastes now.
I've got 3.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
Slightly off topic, but somewhat relevant.... For those who don't like the cans, let me share this story.

In late 1990, right after getting out of the Air Force, I worked a 2-week IT assignment in Dallas, TX. One day, I went down the the vending room and bought a Pepsi from the machine. It had the Pepsi graphic, but no "Pepsi" text.

My supervisor at the time suggested that I not open it, in case it was part of some contest or a collector's item. So I never opened it. Once I moved back to Alabama, I left it at my parents' house and my mom put it in a kitchen cabinet.

Over time, the contents evaporated with the tab still intact. Every time I would go home, it had a little less content swishing around until it finally went bone dry. A few years ago, I contacted the public rep for Pepsi and explained the situation. He e-mailed me back and said that there was no contest at the time and it's not a collectior's item, i.e. not worth any money. He said it was apparently just a glitch at the bottling plant.

I still have it. The picture above was made a couple of years ago and there was zero content in the can.

I told the story to demonstrate that the content of cans will evaporate given enough time. As for bottles, I don't know.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.